First Meetings #2 (M.T.C)

(The last part of the first meetings for M.T.C~)

(sorry for any grammar mistakes in this scenario >~<)

~

Samataki & Jyuto

Walking into the police station and towards your small workspace, you prepared yourself mentally for another late night shift. Thankfully, you had Rio's drink to keep you awake for the night.

Just as you sat down in your chair, one of your co-workers walked towards you. "Yo, (Y/n). Juto ordered you to do something for him," He said and pointed in the direction of the holding cells. "You're supposed to help him keep an eye on the cells until he arrives."

You rubbed the bridge of your nose out of annoyance. Ever since you've been paired up with Juto to help out with his investigations, he had been asking you to help with the weirdest stuff. You're not going to get into details of his requests. "Did he say why?" You asked, getting up from your chair.. "And what about you? Aren't you supposed to be the one to do it tonight?"

Your co-worker had a smirk on his lips as he shrugged, "Beats me. Good luck on your shift tonight. I'm heading home," you glared at his back as he walked away.

~

"There doesn't seem to be anyone here," You mumbled to yourself as you walked down the hall, your footsteps echoing within the empty cells. You let out a big yawn and stretched your arms, what was Juto's reason to send you to the holding cell area?

As you opened your eyes again after your yawn, your eyes met with a pair of blood red ones. The intensity in those eyes made you freeze in shock. You figured out Juto's reason now.

Samatoki had his arms leaning against the cell bars as he looked you up and down, "A female cop huh? Don't see many of you around," he commented. "Why the hell are you doing here? Wasn't it supposed to be that other guy?"

You went to lean against the wall, opposite his jail cell. It wouldn't hurt to chat with a yakuza for a few minutes, would it? "I'm taking over his shift for the night under my superior's orders." You said. Juto is your superior as he has more experience than you in the field and you had been paired up with him to help him in cases.

"My turn then," Samatoki raised an eyebrow in suspicion, wondering what did you mean by that. "How did the ex-member of the Dirty Dawg and yakuza, Samatoki Aohitsugi, end up here?" You gestured to his cell. It was calm for a moment before you jumped in fright when Samatoki suddenly shook the metal bars.

He had a smirk on his lips when he saw you jump, "Not as brave as you think you are, huh?" He stepped away from the bars and went to sit down on the metal bench set up inside the cell. "It'll be a waste of breath to tell it to someone like you."

Well, it was worth a shot to ask him at least. You were about to walk away and check the other cells until he spoke up again, "Go and get Juto, his name should sound familiar to you." he ordered you. The nerve of this guy.

"Why should I listen to you? I don't have to take orders from someone who's behind bars," You stepped dangerously close to his cell and glared at him. Samatoki returned the glare as he walked towards his jail cell bars again, you sure had some guts to stand before him like this.

You weren't prepared for his next action though. Samatoki slid his arm through the bars and grabbed you by the neck, making you let out a shocked gasp. Your hands quickly reached up and grabbed his wrist. "Who do you think you're talking to huh?" He said in a threatening tone as he squeezed your neck, but not hard enough to cut off your oxygen supply or to hurt you.

The both of you stayed in this position for probably a minute or two before you heard footsteps coming down the hall. "Alright, that's enough. Both of you let each other go." You and Samatoki looked at the direction of the voice and saw Juto walking towards his cell with the keys in hand.

Letting go of each other at the same time, you backed away from his cell still glaring at him. "Asshole..." you mumbled to yourself as you touched your neck. He could have easily killed you, but he didn't. Samatoki clicked his tongue out of annoyance as he looked at Juto.

"I see you two have met," Juto had a wry smile on his lips as he patted you on the head, which irritated you. "It'll be better for the both of us if you don't bring this up to anyone unless you want trouble," he whispered to you before he went to unlock Samatoki's cell.

"Is that why you asked me to keep an eye on the cells instead of working on paperwork that's due tomorrow?" You asked, getting more and more agitated. "I could have been getting some work done right now, but no. I had to keep an eye on this white-haired jerk, who you were going to let out anyways!"

"Hah!? You want a fight is it?" Samatoki said as an irk mark appeared on the side of his forehead. You crossed your arms and watched as he walked out of his cell and towards you.

Juto let out a sigh as he locked the door and went to step in between you and Samatoki. "Look, I would love to see how this fight pans out, but we have other things to do." He told him before he turned to face you, "Don't whine so much, (Y/n). You always get the paperwork done on time anyway," he said and handed you the keys. "I'll treat you to some late-night ramen later~, so just relax a bit."

Samatoki had calmed down a bit, but he was still glaring at you. You returned his glare before you looked away with a sigh, "Fine...I'll pretend I didn't see anything." It wasn't every day you were treated to ramen too, so it was a good deal. With that settled, you walked back down the hall and headed towards your small workspace once again.

Juto and Samatoki headed down the opposite direction, planning on taking the backdoor out of the station. "She's an interesting person right?" Juto asked out of the blue, pulling out two cigarettes and handed one of them over to Samatoki, who took it from him.

"She is. She got some guts that's for sure." He said with a smirk. You were sure to benefit them in ways more than one.