Chapter 1

The double-bladed sword hung in its sheath across my back across from its twin they wrapped themselves around my bicep. My belt clung to my hips daggers lying flat against it. My heels with the blade in the toe were at rest. I touched my hair where another knife lay. I looked at myself in the mirror so much hidden under such beauty. A red dress laid on top of it all. An off the shoulder red satin, floor-length gown with a train that followed me for hours. My makeup was sharp, my lipstick poison. My earrings, grenades. I forgot to introduce myself, I am the silver dagger, and I am the most sought-after assassin in all of Southrock and tonight I would cause a revolution. A man came up behind me,

"You look perfect," he said gripping my shoulders.

"Are you sure about this Castor?" I asked holding his hand.

"It's a living"
"But I thought we'd never do personal-"
"It's not personal just because he is the reason mum and dad are dead does not mean we can't handle this job professionally"

I gulped and hugged him tightly. A guard came to the door,

"Mrs. Smith, it is time" I smiled a white-toothed smile and held the crook of his arm as he escorted me to the ballroom. I stood at the top of the stairs,

"Lady Smith of CrossHeart" the man announced. The crowd turned towards me and I set my eyes on the prize, Prince Julius. Amusement danced in his eyes as I glided down the stairs. He met me at the bottom, "hello Lady smith"

"Hello Prince Julius" I said curtsying.

"It is good to see you my silver dagger" I smiled as he put his hand on my lower back.

"It is good to see you as well."
He pulled me into his stride hooking one hand around my waist and the other in my hand, we danced, "I have longed for this moment"
"It will be done, do not worry"

"I am completely aware you could kill me and will have guards on me at all time"

"Oh my prince, everything in this room could kill you, I will just do it the most efficiently"

"You will get the money after"

"No, the deals off if I don't get it now"

"Don't you trust me?"

"No" I scoffed.
"Fair enough" He pulled an envelope out of his pocket kissing it handing it to me. I stuck it into my bra. He licked his lips. A bell rang calling all of us to attention. The king was sitting beside his wife draped in purple and fur. I presented myself in front of them, falling into a deep curtsy. He dismissed the crowd and I knelt before him. "Silver Dagger" he said lightly. I smiled standing.

"Have you done it yet?"

"Considering he is still dancing what do you think sir"

"Sassy is not what I paid for"

"You have not paid me at all and it will not be done until then" He handed me an envelope I stuck in my bra. I grabbed the wine beside him sipping it. He brought it to his lips after as a sign of respect. I smiled and curtsied once more. In 5 minutes he'd be dead. I had limited time. I made my way to the prince. I spun into his arms, I traced my heel up his leg injecting the poison from the knife in my heel as I went. He looked at me stunned. He collapsed and I faded back into the crowd of concerned strangers. The king smiled, his face went instantly white and he too dropped dead where he was sitting. The queen shocked starred at me. She smiled and I salute her. She had paid me weeks in advance. I ditched my dress quickly and ran out of the ballroom back to my room where Castor was waiting. "Is it done?"

"Yes"

"Let's go"

In case you are confused, let me break this down for you, The queen was being abused by her husband and her son was a spoiled brat that was too young to rule the kingdom. So she paid me to kill them both but that would be too obvious. So Castor hypnotized both to believe they wanted to kill each other, I got twice the pay and left their accounts open, the poor queen would get everything. You see I am not like normal assassins. I don't do it all for money, I chose what I do, no children, and I lean more towards saving someone in the process. We jumped out the window walking to the horse barn where Tigris was waiting.