Chapter 2

When I awoke we had arrived in Steelhorn, where my base was for the moment. Castor undid the spelled attachment on the wired gate. Celeste awoke as the car screeched past the fence.
"This is where you live?" she asked with wide eyes looking at the crumbled stone castle. We drove straight through the doors and past the ruins and a sparkling town house came into light,

"Magic is amazing when you know how to use it" I said. She nodded, Dessielle was waiting at the door. She was my trainer and a magic trainer for Castor. She was one of the wisest elves in the whole kingdom and we had kidnapped her. She leaned against the stone gate with a cigarette in her mouth, Her hair was short and blonde. She had on a long gold and black dress, fabric dangled from it. On her head was a sequin headband with a peacock headband. "I thought you didn't deal with children she said pushing herself off the wall" I turned the cigarette in her mouth into a lollipop. She flipped me off, "Dessielle, this is Celeste and Ezra" I said gesturing to the children. "Yeah but why are they here?"

I tapped Celeste on the head and said, "show her"

She closed her eyes and felt the ground, soon every broken piece of sand was filling with red blood, it rushed like a river. Soon it was above the ground and swirling. She dropped her hands and fell into me, it seemed to drain her. Dessielle's jaw was dropped as she looked at her. I turned the baby over to show her the black cross on his back. He giggled and a white wispy cat curled itself around his shoulders. I nearly dropped him as he couldn't be more than 7 months old and could already conjure. Castor picked up Celeste as if she was 3 pounds and carried her into the house. " we have to teach them or else..."

"Or else they could wipe out the world" she finished my sentence. Tigris took the baby from my arms and brought him inside. "How are you?" she searched my eyes,

"She accidentally killed her parents for trying to kill her brother, I turned them to ash obviously but I don't want her to end up a killer. I don't want her to end up like me"

"You can't..."

"You know it's possible"

"Magic transfer would make you the most powerful being in the world." she stated. That's when she came to full realization, "No" she said abruptly. "You are not dying. Give Castor or Tigris the kids magic"

"Soul switching requires a blood sacrifice I reminded her"

"The whole world is going to become a blood sacrifice if you have that magic, you were bred to be a killer you think blood and spirit magic is going to change that? No you're just going to become crazy. The Auris were wiped out for that reason" I slapped her,

"Her parents were Auris obviously, how else would they give birth to creatures that powerful"

"You mean like your parents. Druidic Magic isn't normal either Mercury. Who else could kill 53 people with one swish of their hand!"

"I don't use my magic regularly. And whatever the case is descendants of Auris like them, like me. Like Castor are technically Auris. If the world found that out, I would never leave here again, they'd kill us" she started to walk away,
"I'll start training her on monday"

I walked inside to my bedroom and sat at the golden mirror table brushing my black hair past my shoulders. I ran my fingers through it. It was soft, but thick. A knock descended upon my door, "come in" i called out. Tigris entered slowly, I turned to face him,

"How are you feeling?" he asked closing the door and leaning up against it.

"Fine" I turned back towards the mirror, I continued to brush my hair, he started to massage my shoulders. I admired Tigris from the mirror's reflection, he had an olive skin tone with dark brown hair that framed his face. He Had one blue eye and one green. He was tall and lanky with a silly grin. I leaned into his chest, "do you want to try a sleeping potion?" he asked as my shoulder's sagged. "Not right now, I have to shower, I don't think I could sleep right now anyhow"