GIF CHARACTER CARD [Part 1] + How To Add Glow in Ibispaintx

Whale Hello there! 👋

So today I'll be teaching you how you can make your very own animated character banner on your mobile device.

This banner is like a virtual introduction of your story cast. See example in multi media section above.

For this project we will be using the following apps and website. And of course internet connection will be required for some parts.

• ibispaintx (for editing the actual graphic)
You can use whichever editing program/app you usually design with.
• picCollage (for adding gif)

Both of these apps are available on Google play and I'm pretty sure on iOS store too.

Now you see, picCollage actually makes mp4 videos and has a watermark on the end result, in order to convert it to gif and remove the watermark, we'll be needing access to ezgif website.

It isn't that complicated! Really!

I always download and if needed, extract all my resources before hand.

I'll list the resources that I used here and where I got them:
• All base images, (enchanted forest, moon and Galaxy overlay from pixabay.)
• Kaya Scodelario png by madaw on DeviantArt.
• Gif from giphy.

Disclaimer: The purpose of this graphic is purely educational and all resources used in it's creation are property of their original owners. There's no intention of copyright infringement!

There is a mini tutorial on adding glow in ibispaintx towards the end of the chapter. I will be writing it in cursive if you are interested in just that.

Now that's out of the way, let's get started with the banner...

If you are using ibispaintx, open your app and go to my gallery. The app doesn't need internet connection to work.

If you are using some other editing app, make your base graphic like you normally would and you can skip this chapter and move forward to Part 2 of the tutorial.

With the '+' icon on the top tool bar you are able to create a new graphic.

A screen will pop up, here we will choose our dimensions. I went for custom measurements (500x200) but you can choose one of the presets too! Press ok once done.

 I went for custom measurements (500x200) but you can choose one of the presets too! Press ok once done