Chapter 19 Is Something Bad Gonna Happen? We Don't Even Know Yet

30 minutes had gone by since Elvira found herself pacing her and Payton's bedroom. After a few more hours of awkward planning with Elizabeth, who seemed out of it for reasons unknown go Elvira; they finally decided to call it a day.

Though the ceremony was still tomorrow and Elvira felt as though she should have done more. She didn't feel like her heart was really in it.

But how could it be?

After confessing to Payton she was ready to--take the next step in their relationship, then finding out Julian and Jake were missing--together!

Which, after much thinking, Elvira still did not understand how they put up with each other's opposite personality.

But it didn't matter how they were getting along. It mattered if they were okay. After being kidnapped by Abraham, Elvira realized how scary and real this war is, and she couldn't bare it if something happen to either one of Jake or Julian.

Julian has really became one of Elvira's best friends and Jake... well was a dick. But in a way, Elvira felt like he was her dick.

Elvira's heart was racing and she was so on edge she practically jumped two feet when her door was open and Payton came into the room.

He looked a complete mess. His black hair was messy and wild as if he had been rolling on the ground. His clothes had grass and dirt in them. But his eyes look the worse. The bags under his eyes were so dark and visible. It was so sad because Payton had such beautiful blue eyes and they seem so tired at the moment.

Payton didn't say anything. He just walked over and wrapped Elvira in a right embrace.

"Payton-"

"Don't say anything. Not yet. Just let me hold you for a minute."

So she did. Elvira let Payton hold her, swaying her a bit, until he felt like talking. Which came some minutes later.

He pulled away and lead her to the bed, where he sat down and brought her to his lap, with her legs on either side of him.

Elvira felt flushed as she remembered her words earlier, 'Now? Now!'

But Payton didn't make any other move aside from laying his head on Elvira's breasts and closing his eyes.

"I'm sorry El. I'm just really tired. So much has happened- I hope you aren't disappointed." Payton spoke with a low voice.

Elvira's blush died down a bit, though she was still quite pink, and she wrapped her arms around his neck. "No, I'm not. I don't think now would be a good time anyway..."

Payton didn't even move in response.

"So anyway," Elvira continued, "What happened? Did you find Julian and Jake?"

"We found them. Perfectly fine. Well until Cody and Jake got into a fight that I had to break up. Now, neither Jake or Julian will talk. Every time I asked either one about what they were doing they look at each other and then away. But they never answer." Payton answered with exhaustion. "When we got here Jake went to the pack doctor and Julian went to one of our spare bedrooms. Julian didn't even look at Cody."

Elvira felt her heart drop at the information and she just pulled Payton tighter.

"I feel like this is all on me. If I had been a better Alpha, or brother and best friend maybe this wouldn't have happened..." Payton said his voice faltering.

Elvira just held him closer. "None of this is on you Payton. You couldn't have stopped this from happening, all that matters is you were the one who fixed it." She picked up his face so he stared back at her. "Don't get all soft on me now Burr. With the ceremony tomorrow you need to keep your head. Okay?"