Preview

Hey guys! This is my new story and I really wish you'd enjoy reading it as much as I'd like writing it! My first story Crossroads has been put on hold because it's not getting as much reception as I would've liked for it to get so yeah that's that!

~Happiness is you~
Picture of Jason on the side 😍 enjoy!

Five years ago

Jason!!! I yelled.

He turned around immediately and  with a huge smile, ran towards me. I excitedly jumped into his arms while he twirled me around.

"I'm gonna miss you so much " I said close to tears.

"I'll miss you too munchkin" he replied running his fingers through my hair
"Who is gonna help me beat up Norman now?" I said pouting after he dropped me on my feet.

"Hey. I think Norman has had enough..."he smiled.

"Plus I think you can handle him pretty well on your own now " he finished smiling proudly at me.

"Yeah.. that dickhead better not mess with me anymore "

"Language munchkin... you can't kiss me goodbye with that mouth of yours." He scolded playfully.

"Eww" I said making a disgusted face "I'll never kiss you... that's nasty."

He laughed and ruffled my hair.

"Be a good girl Ivy. I'll call you everyday from college." He said.

And before I could reply, he leaned in to kiss me on the cheek but with my abrupt movement, his lips came in contact with mine. He froze and my entire face turned red.

Jason... my stepbrother just kissed me!

Present day!

"Ivy get your ass out of bed!" My mom yelled.

"I'm up mom" I yelled back.  Ever since she got separated from my stepdad Steven, she's been really cranky.  It's been what? Five years? Let it go already mom!

My name is Ivy and I just turned seventeen. My dad left my mom and I when I was five and a year later, my mom married Steven, Jason's dad. They were married for seven years and it went great. Steven was a great father to both Jason and I and Jason was the best big brother I could ever ask for. Everything was just perfect until Jason had to leave for college. Shortly after, my mom and Steven started fighting a lot and he started having an affair and they had to separate. I haven't seen Jason nor spoken to him since then. He tried reaching out during the first few months of the separation but the whole kissing scene freaked me out too much as a kid and I couldn't bear the thought of speaking to him without feeling awkward about it. So it's safe to say I haven't seen or spoken to my stepbrother in five years.

"Ivy!! Gaddamnit! Do I have to get up there to pull your ass down here? "  My mom's yelling brought me out of my reverie.

Ignoring her, I pulled on my skirt and arranged my top. Tucking it into the skirt which was getting way too short for my developing body but my mom couldn't be bothered with getting me a new pair of uniform seeing as it's my senior year and frankly, she doesn't give a rats ass about my life lately.

I combed my hair hastily and rushed downstairs.
"I'm off to work." She said and walked away leaving me alone in the kitchen.

Not complaining, I actually prefer her out of my way anyway, I reached for an apple and started my walk to school while taking bites out of it.

My high school was a mere twenty minutes walk from my house and I was happy to walk the distance to school everyday ever since my best friend Jenna had to transfer last semester and could no longer drive me to school.

I plugged in my headphones and continued eating my apple until I saw the gates to Federal High.
"I better not run into him today" I mumbled to myself.

"Run into who? Me?" I heard someone say from behind.

Oh no! It's way to early for my luck to get so shitty.

Removing my headphones and tugging them into my backpack. I turned to face my worst nightmare...Norman.

"Do you actually wait for me everyday to act stupid?" I spat.

"Do you actually wake up this ugly or it's just a failed attempt at applying makeup?" He shot back with a stupid smirk spreading across his goofy face.

I've learned to never allow his words bother me but that actually hit me a little bit below the belt. Jenna did advise me to try putting on makeup in a little more effort in trying to get a boyfriend again after Alec died. Alec was my first ever and only boyfriend so far. We dated in junior school shortly after Jason left for college. He'd help me stand up to Norman and would go camping together. He gave me my first kiss...well technically Jason did but that doesn't count. He's my brother and that was clearly a mistake. Alec died of leukemia and I stopped dating ever since. I gave up on my appearance and wouldn't even blink at any guy I see.

"Did I hurt your feelings?" He said in a mocking tone.

"The next time you stand in my way and say such nonsense to me, I'll break your fucking nose" I said through gritted teeth.

"Yeah right... you have no one to do your dirty works for you.. no Jenna..." he walked closer to me
"...no Alec " he kept getting close to my face "and no Jason" he finished standing right in front of me.

My fists were balled at my side and before I could raise them up to hit his stupid face, I heard a very cold but very familiar voice.

" Turn around shitface... I'm right here!"