Black outs

"I'm too young to do coke" She picked at her nails a little and I was suddenly starting to get impatient.
"Do you have it then?" My question came out a little more aggressive than I meant it to and her head shot up to look at me.

She began searching through the inner pockets of her coat and quickly pulled out a few notes and a bag of coke. She put them on the table and took her presumably ecstasy pills that Jai had accidentally given me, spinning around on her heel and heading for the door.

I stayed seated and watched her awkwardly fiddle with the door, opening it and turning before she left.
"Was nice meeting you, Matthew" She flashed a small smile on her unreadable face before the door slammed shut behind her and she was gone.

I sat in slight bewilderment at our oddly brief encounter for a few moments. I'd met quite a few of the other people that Jai supplied but never a girl as young as Alyssa had looked.

I sighed, standing up and shoving the stuff on the table into my back pocket and pulling my phone out. Needing something to avert my thoughts from trying to read the girl.

=

I twisted Imogen's blonde hair in between my fingers, scratching her head lightly every now and then as she laid across my chest. We'd been sprawled out over her bed for a few hours watching our favourite 90s romance movies that we'd already watched a million times before.

"Baby?" she spoke softly, not shifting from her comfortable position. I hummed in response, my eyes fixed on the television. "You're so quiet today"

I looked down at her, not being able to see her face as she was turned slightly away from me. I lifted her chin, prompting her to look at me.
"I'm just tired" I kissed her forehead before sitting back again. "I got pretty wrecked at our gig last night"

She giggled a little bit, propping herself up and stretching before sitting on my lap, facing me. She wrapped her arms around the back of my head, pushing her lips onto mine as her fingers got lost in my hair.

After a while she began pushing her hips to mine, playing with the zipper of my jeans and I resisted tearing off her blouse, gently moving her hand whilst sighing.
"I'm meeting the boys" I rested my forehead on hers, giving her a reason for not wanting to advance as she pouted.

I checked the time and shifted her body off of me, standing up from her bed. She followed and I felt her hands on my shoulders and legs by my sides as I lifted her onto my back, laughing quietly to myself.

"I'll come round tomorrow and we can do it in the shower" I said quietly, saying it with a laugh as I was partly joking. She giggled as I set her down on the floor in the hall, spinning around and quickly kissing her goodbye.

As I left, I felt my chest tighten with anxiety, something that was a usual occurrence when leaving Imogen's flat. I knew exactly why but brushed it off, taking my car keys out and lighting a cigarette.

=

"Was she fit?" Adam sat across from me as we smoked, talking about my encounter with Alyssa in George's make-shift recording studio.
"I shouldn't really say that- imagine what Imo would say" I scoffed, taking another hit as I smirked.
"We all know Imogen's done worse" Ross gave a slightly painful expression after saying it, realising he was touching on a sensitive subject.

I smiled a little, not getting angry, flicking my ash into the tray on the table and shrugging my shoulders.
"Yeah, she had a face out a fucking magazine... pretty young though" I abruptly stood up from the sofa and the whole room suddenly spun around me as my ears started to ring.