tαєhчung

í wσkє in a panic, sitting up and looking around trying to survey my surroundings. And I see a room, walls white and plain, a storage shelf dotted here and there, a crack in the ceiling, shaped like a bunny rabbit. There was a smell, powerful and harsh that didn't agree with my lungs at all and I coughed violently.

This wasn't heaven, it wasn't a dream, I took the fall...

I start to get up out of the bed and stumble and fall over immediately, my weight and balance feeling off and I immediately look behind me, and tears erupt in my eyes. They're gone... They're gone...

I reach toward my back, still in denial and doubt, and realize I don't feel them at all, nothing but a bloody scar for them is left, and when that fact come crashing down on me like a heavy, painful reality, I sob, feeling I've lost part of myself, that I'm no longer worthy of being alive, wishing somehow the fall would have killed me.

I look down at my body,  bruised and covered in bandages,  I was not mummified,  but I also couldn't see more than about 3 inches of any part of My body.  I looked at my hands,  my fingers wrapped delicately in gauze and bandages,  and I opened and closed my hand,  just watching it work.

A Human had saved me,  there was no doubt about that,  everything about this place screamed of their technology and their culture,  this wasn't another of his kind's sort of doctoring.

I look up to the door suddenly,  sensing a presence and try to get up,  but merely fall on the floor, painfully,  and I yelp,  biting my lip hard to control the outburst that almost escaped my lips,  then I try to crawl,  on my hands and knees toward somewhere to hide,  as normally I'm not supposed to be casually seen,  but it hurts too much and I whimper and fall over onto my side.

The human comes in and he says something I don't understand and I look at him in terror and shriek,  unable to get up and unable to communicate with him,  for some reason having lost the ability.

The human comes closer,  kneeling down next to me and saying things,  helping me up and back to the bed,  holding a hand to my chest when I try to get up again to hold me back.  But I want to get up,  I want to see things,  to try to get back to heaven,  I'm not even supposed to be seen by him.

The man says things to me,  running a hand through his jet Black hair in frustration,  and I take that moment to steal his language from him,  my lips on his for but a moment before he pushes me away suddenly.

"Wh... What are you doing???" he asks,  looking at me shocked by what I had done,  "didn't you hear a word I said?? Are you even listening??"

I nod softly,  looking at him,  "I did not understand..." I say softly,  "I was trying to listen... "

The man frowns and looks at me as if I'm an oddity,  and to him, I must be,  "would you like to answer my question then?"

"Please repeat the question... "

He sighs and looks at me exasperated,  "How did you come to fall through my roof and not only that but survive the fall? No one should have survived that fall,  you should be dead. " he says plainly,  his gaze intimidating and stern.

I was always taught not to lie,  so I answer him just as plainly,  "I am an angel,  I fell from heaven."

The man throws his hands in the air and gets up in obvious frustration with what I said,  "I don't know why I expected sane answers from you after falling through a roof. "

I tilt my head,  my expression not changing,  "I am an angel,  Min Yoongi. "

He turns to me so quick and so surprised and then leaned over me and stared,  "How did you know that I didn't say my name... I hadn't even hinted at My name,  there's no way you could have known it... "

It would be hard to explain to him that I once knew the angel watching over him if he already couldn't grasp that I was an angel I almost doubted he believed in them at all. Funny, how much they talked about us, called others angels, and made figurines of us for Christmas but hardly any of them truly believed we existed beyond fairy tails.

"If you're an angel, where are your wings?" When I meet his obviously upset and questioning gaze, he stutters, "A-angels have Halos too..."

I smile, "You are funny, human. Rings of light do not magically float above my head, but if you are looking for wings, you may find the remnants of them on my back...Ripped off before my fall..." I say, my smile fading.

He looks at me, evenly, "I saw the scars, but prove it, prove you're an angel."

"After my fall you do not believe me?" I ask and tilt my head, "no human could have survived that fall, I know that many died from the impact, and I did not and yet I caused it? And where would I have fallen from, Min Yoongi, You live away from the rest of the population, there is nothing above us but sky." I say and look up to the hole in the ceiling, seeing a blue sky above and choking a bit, remembering the feeling of my wings cutting through the air, the wind on my face, looking down and seeing the land go by in a blur, looking next to me and seeing friends of mine swoop down and do tricks and dive bomb.

That will never happen again. I can never do that again, I will never see them again.

"If that's the case....shouldn't you be in...like....heaven or something...?"

I shake my head, "I....I was banished..." I say softly, "I...I can never go back... this is my punishment... this is my purgatory... To live and know that my life can never be the same... to live without what made me free and whole, crippled and alone until my eternity runs out."

~~~

I have a bad history of being an evil author lol will I be different this time?

Naaahhh

Neri