Quirkless goal

A/N: That song was the inspiration to this story.

A four-year-old, quirkless Izuku Midoriya is sitting in a chair at the hospital. He has extremely pale skin and a terrified look on his face. In front of him is his mother laying on a hospital bed. "Izuku... Live on... Achieve your goal... I don't care what others say... and neither should you... You can become a hero..." she tells her son. Izuku is unable to answer. The heartbeat monitor is beeping *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...*. It continues in one long shivering sound. "We're losing her! Quick get the defibrillators!" a doctor shouts and is handed two thick metal plates connected to a small energy machine. The doctor places them over her heart. "3... 2... 1...!" he says as he shocks her chest. Nothing... nothing happens... The doctor tries again. Nothing... again there is no movement what so ever. The doctor does the same thing, again and again, all in vain. Izuku is lead out of the room, but just before he leaves he sees a tall man in black put a white blanket over his mother covering her completely.

Izuku is taken to a special waiting room with all the kinds of toys that are in Japan. He does not feel joy though. He feels anger, and he is grieving. His mom had saved him but sacrificed herself. She had stopped a villain from shooting Izuku, but she got hit in a fatal spot and died from bleeding too much. The villain had fled the scene once he shot, he knew that a hero would come for him. The worst part was that Izuku had even called the police but they hadn't believed him. They had left his mother to die. The only reason she even got to the hospital was that someone had walked by a few minutes later. Now Izuku sat in a corner of the room. His head in between his knees and chest. He was quietly crying and screaming on the inside. There was no one else in the room, and there wouldn't come anyone before the doctor.

The doctor walked to where Izuku was silently crying. "Hey, kid... I'm sorry about your mom... We did everything we could..." "NOOOO!! If you had just listened to me, none of this would have happened! I told you, but you didn't listen... No one listens," Izuku screamed at the doctor. Izuku didn't mean that it was the doctors' fault, but humanities'. Humanity had done this against him. It had taken away his only real reason to live. The doctor tried to comfort Izuku, but it didn't work. The only thing Izuku could think about was his mom and what she told him. It played in his head over and over again. That's when he felt a spark inside him. A small flame got lit inside of him, and it was barely living in the giant storm that was surrounding it.

He slowly let the doctor guide him to his foster parent. He was lead to a place that seemed quite nice. It was a music studio, and inside there were several musical instruments. Izuku saw two people at the counter, and when the person noticed Izuku she said "Well hello there little one. I'm Tamao Jiro. It's nice to meet you," she stretched out her hand and wanted a handshake. A police officer then walked inside. "Hello, Mrs. Jiro. I'm Takashi, and I see you have already met Izuku here. He needs a home so we thought you might be able to take him in?" Takashi asked. "Oh my. I'm sorry little one, but don't worry. We'll take care of you," Tamao replied and gave a reassuring smile to Izuku. Izuku just walked away and sat down on a chair in the corner of the room. Jiro shrugged it off and started to talk with Takashi.

"Mom? What's all the noise about?" a girl around Izuku's age walked down the stairs leading to the second floor. She noticed the boy and stopped. She looked at the boy with dreamy eyes. His forest-green hair matched perfectly with his small freckles and emerald-green eyes. "W-Who i-is t-t-this?" she asked pointing at Izuku. "This is Izuku Midoriya, and he'll live with us for now. He just lost his mom so don't bother him, okay sweetie?" Jiro asked. "O-Okay." She looked at the small boy again, this time with worry and sadness in her eyes. Izuku didn't even look up once. He had his knees up to his chest and his head resting on his knees and looked down at the ground.

He was so upset he didn't even notice the purple haired girl walk up to him. "Hey, what's up?" she asked. Izuku didn't answer, but he stopped his silent crying. The girl understood something was wrong. "Excuse me, is something wrong?" she asked. Izuku looked up to see who was talking to him. He had tears in his eyes and was a mess emotionally and physically. However, the girl blushed when he looked her in the eyes. "M-M-My m-m-mom... S-S-She's d-dead," Izuku said, sobbing through his sentence. The girl looked surprised but also sad. She didn't know what to say. "I-I'm s-sorry. I-I didn't k-know," she stuttered. Izuku wiped his tears and tried to stay strong. "I-It's okay. You didn't know. Anyways... my name is Izuku Midoriya, but you just call me Izuku," he said and tried to smile, but it just turned out as an ugly grin. "Nice to m-meet you, Izuku. My n-name is Kyoka Jiro and you can call me Kyoka." Kyoka said and surprisingly gave him a hug. (I'm going to call her Kyoka and his adoptive mother Jiro) "And it's going to be okay, Izuku. I'm here for you," she continued. Izuku started crying into her shoulder. "It's okay. Let it all out," Kyoka said.

After a while, Izuku didn't have any tears left, and he got out of the hug. "Thank you, Kyoka, I really needed that," he said and gave her a genuine smile. One that lit up the room and made Kyoka blush. "Kyoka, honey. Can you get Izuku over here?" Jiro asked. "Coming!" Kyoka answered and dragged Izuku along. "Hi there, Izuku. I and Takashi have talked, and I and my husband have both agreed to take you in as our adoptive son. I know most about your life so don't worry about anything, okay. We'll take care of you. But we'll ask you this question first: Do you want to keep your last name or change it to something like Jiro-Midoriya?" Jiro asked. "I-I want to keep m-my name if that's okay with you," Izuku replied. "That's totally fine! But now you two need to get to bed. It's already very late. Kyoka, he'll sleep in your room tonight until we can get his belongings." Jiro said. "Okay, mom!" Kyoka said and dragged Izuku to her room.

When they got to the room, they saw that there was a spare bed there. They both got ready and lept into bed. When Kyoka turned off the lights Izuku asked, "Kyoka, I think there's something I have to tell you. But first, can you promise me to be my friend even if I tell you something absurd." "Okay, Izuku, what is it?" Kyoka replied. "I-I'm q-q-quirkless," Izuku said. Kyoka was shocked at first but shrugged it off. "O-Okay. But I still promise to be your friend forever. And I have one question, do you still want to be a hero?" Kyoka replied. Izuku then replied, "Yes, but I don't know if I can do it when I don't have a quirk." "I think you can do it," Kyoka said. "Really?" "Yes." "then I promise you, I'll become the greatest quirkless hero ever!" Izuku said, and although she couldn't see it, she knew Izuku was smiling.

End of Chapter 1!

A/N: I really hope you like the story so far. I don't know how much I'll update, but I'll try and make once or twice a week.

(Word Count: 1312!)