Chapter 2- First Encounter

Wai's pov

Wai's pov

I had ran through the woods, and  I didn't stop. I had emerged to the other side, to see that it was just a road. I walked for longer, longer than I ever had but who was I to judge, I just ran for miles with out stopping. I eventually came up on a small diner, and that's where I am now.

I opened the door to the diner, and smiled at the bell ringing. From behind the counter I saw an older woman turn around and look at me. 

"Are you still open?" I asked.

"Yes, open 24 hours." she smiled, "You can sit anywhere."

"Thank you." I said.

I sat in the booth in the far corner. I tugged down my hood and  looked around. The diner had a 90's feel to it, and the thing I noticed is, there's no TV. That's good, if I was on the news, I definitely didn't want to  be noticed at the first place I stopped at. I picked up the menu and looked through it, since it was quite late, and I probably wasn't going to eat for a while I should get something large. I decided to get the pancakes, an omelette, and a side of bacon.

"What can I get ya?" she asked.

"I'll have an iced tea, the stack of pancakes, the bacon and cheese omelette, and a side of bacon... please." I said handing her the menu.

"Ok, I'll be right back with your drink."

Sitting in that diner was boring, my food wasn't out yet, and i only have a drink. I unzipped my backpack, and took out Sin's sketch book. While I was flipping through the pages the waitress arrived with my food.

"Here you go," she placed the plates down, "those are amazing, did you do those?" she asked looking at the book.

I looked up at her, "No my brother did. He said I could keep this, because I was always looking at them." 

"How sweet."

I put his sketch book back in my bag and re-positioned the plates around me. I dug in, I couldn't eat it to fast or, it wouldn't really feel like I ate anything, and I'd become hungry faster. I took my time eating the food. It was so good, I never would have thought diner food could be so good. During my meal I paid for the check so I could leave after I was done, and a good thing too. When I was finishing up the door opened and the bell rung. I tried not to notice, and act normal, but I have to see who it is. Subtly I bent over to zip it up, and when I came back up I moved my head to where the new people are. Quickly I faced the other way, and gathered my things so I can leave. Those new people, they're cops. 

While putting my things away, I think to myself, 'How do they know I;m here? Maybe they don't, and I'm over reacting... I'm just going to eavesdrop, I mean it's not a crime to listen in other people's conversations right?'

Listening I hear, "Are you Doris Mal? the one who reported a possible runaway?"

"Yes, I am... She's sitting over there. I'm glad you got here, a few minutes more I think she would have been gone. i just don't want her to get hurt."