Chapter 10- Not Agent Turner

The very next day after the incident Cameron and I switched to a different motel. But not for long, we plan on heading to the mutant underground as soon as we can. This motel was smaller than all the others, and has a lot more problems. Those problems, Purifiers. This motel is full of them, and I can tell that they don't like new people. Why because on my way down stairs I was cornered by one of them.

He stood right in front of me, "Excuse me." I say trying to get by him.

"Who are you?" he asks moving in my way.

"What?"

He pulls out a small hand gun, "I said who are you?"

I back away, "What are you doing?"

"I want to know who you are? What is your name? Your brother's?"

"Why do you want to know that?" I ask.

He moves forward, "Tell me."

"Lilliana Wild. My brother is Conner Wild." I say in a scared tone, "What do you want?"

"That's it, just wanted to make sure you two aren't mutants." he gives me a cold look and puts his gun away.

He lets me pass and leave the motel. When I go through the doors I turn back to look at him, he's staring right at me. I turn around and shutter. 'What the fuck was that?' I think to myself. As I walk down the street I can tell that I'm being followed. I can't tell if it's the purifiers or somebody else. I enter the McDonalds with caution, I want to look as calm as possible, and not like some one on the run. I take out my phone and dial Cameron's temporary number.

"Hello?" he asks.

"Cameron, what do you want to eat? I'm at the McDonalds."

"Oh, uh. Can you get my a cheese burger? Oh and a  large fry, please and thank you." he laughs.

"Sure, oh and don't leave the room." I say lowering my voice.

"What? Why?" he asks.

"There was a purifier who cornered me and asked me our names. I told him that we're a Wilds. Don't go out there, I don't want him getting suspicious. If anyone knocks on the door pretend like you were sleeping, ok?"

"Ok, but he cornered you?"

"Yeah, just be careful."

"Don't worry I will."

I hang up the phone and order our food. A cheese burger, large fry, and medium sprit for Cameron. Then for me, a medium coke, medium fry, and a ten piece chicken nuggets. After I ordered my food, all I could think about was that vine. The one that goes, "Your son is starving. Starving for the chicken nugger." I almost laughed out loud. I didn't though. I didn't want to look crazy.

I walked back to motel, still feeling like I was being watched. But this time I know who it is. Agent Turner, or formally Agent Turner. He's a purifier now, and that's not good for me. I walked through the doors with the McDonalds bag and started to head up the stairs. This time I wasn't cornered, but some of the people I passed gave me some strange looks.

When I got to my room I unlocked the door, but not before Mr. Turner came up to me.

"Excuse me Miss?"

I turned to look at him, "Yes?" I ask.

"You dropped this." he said handing me my wallet.

I stared wide eyed at it. I felt inside my pockets, how did I drop it? "Oh my gosh, thank you so much!" I say taking it.

"No problem, have a nice day."

"You too." I say to him as he leaves. 

Not fully trusting him, I look into his mind. 'Damn he put a bug in it.'