Chapter 11- Mistakes

"That was nerve wracking." I say to Cameron.

"Yup, a room full of purifiers. That's exactly where I thought I was going to be." he says sarcastically.

"Don't worry, we'll be able to get away soon. I just hope nothing goes wrong."

Cameron nods in agreement. We had agreed to work with the purifiers to get rid of a large mutant grouping here in Atlanta. This "Intel" I have is totally bogus, and in a totally different place than the actual mutant underground. Cameron and I agreed that we'd give them the place and time, and the day they go after it I'd be sick. I'd pretend to get violently ill, and stay behind. Staying behind would allow me to pack everything and get ready to leave. Cameron would go with them but would disappear after they get to the place. He'd get back to the motel as fast as he can so we can leave. It's not the best plan, but it's the only one we could come up with in such a short time.

The next day I gave them the fake Intel and we're supposed to be going in tomorrow. Cameron and I walk back to our room and sit down on the beds.

"I hope this works."

"Me too." he agrees.

"Ok, lets run over the plan one more time." I tell him.

"Ok, we go out to eat. You get something not too good and the next day you're violently ill. I still go with them but you stay behind. You pack everything so we can leave, and when we get to the destination I'll disappear. I'll get back here as soon as possible, and we'll leave to join the mutant underground." he smiles.

"OK good." I get up and close the window, "I'm going to bed." I tell him.

If only I had knew that one of the purifiers was listening outside, if I did things would have gone so much better.

The next morning, I could tell something was off, but I couldn't tell what. I took a quick shower and put my hair into a braid. I put on black leggings, a white shirt, the combat boots, and again the red leather jacket. I step out of the bathroom and Cameron enters after me. once he's out I see that he's wearing a black hoodie, blue jeans, a beanie, and a green shirt. I put my bag on the bed and zip it up. I don't really have that much, so my stuff is already packed. The only things that I really need to pack is Cameron's stuff. Right now his bag holds clothing, money, and a few pictures of his family. I zip up his bag because I don't really feel like doing anything with it right now so I just place it next to mine. 

Suddenly there's a loud banning noise on our door. oh god, they wouldn't do that if everything's ok. I get up from where I'm sitting and so does Cameron. He motions for me to stay back so I do. He moves towards the door and slowly opens it. The door pushes open sending Cameron to the ground. The purifiers come in and hold Cameron, and a few of them come towards me. I back away from them fear in my now red eyes.

"Get away from her!" Cameron yells.

One of the men punches his stomach and he hunches over, "CAMERON!" I yell. I don't care if they now know his name, they knew we're mutants and they're going to kill us.

I stay away from them as they lift up his head, taking off his beanie, "So your name's Cameron. Nice to meet you, now what's your name?" he says glaring daggers at me.

"Stay away from her." Cameron grunts, "Leave get our of here." he begs me.

" Cameron I..."

"She's not going anywhere, and neither are you." says the man.

Suddenly they throw Cameron to the ground. Then out of no where they start to kick and punch him. I can feel the anger and fear rise inside of me, my eyes show it too. They glow even brighter than before, and they just start to notice. The red smoke around my hands grow, now floating around my whole body. 

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!" I yell.

As I yell all the energy surrounding me and the energy built up inside disperses and pushes everyone but Cameron back. I run up to him and help him to his feet. I grab my bag and he grabs his, we both bolt out of the room before anyone can recover. Once we get down stairs though I see Jace Turner and a few other purifiers waiting for us.

"You can't leave, we won't let you." he says.

My eyes glow once more. I feel around in all their heads, and use there worst fears against them. They fall to the ground in crippling fear, and Cameron and I make our escape. We run into the woods as fast as we can, but we can hear the others behind us. 

"We have to separate." Cameron says.

"No we can't." I plead.

"If we separate one of us has a good chance, I'll make sure they follow me. Please hide! I know if I get caught you'll be able to help me. Please hide! Go Wai! Hide." he says pushing me away from him.

He uses his powers to draw the attention to him. Then he takes off running in the other direction. I stand behind a tree, then I climb it. No one ever looks up. Once settled in the tree I try to watch what's going on. But I can't see anything. I bring my knees to my chest and wrap my arms around them. Steady tears stream down my face, as I silently cry.