ii; iv

Thor and I land on Stark Tower mayhem and chaos all around as the Chitauri army flies through the portal. We turn and see Loki standing, looking down at the war he created.

"Loki!" Thor shouts over the wind and noise. Loki turns and looks at us. "Turn off the Tesseract, or I will destroy it!"

"You can't." He replies calmly. He pointed his scepter at us. "There is no stopping it; there is only war!"

"You deal with your brother, I'll help civilians," I inform Thor as I walk to the edge of Stark Tower.

"So be it!" I hear before I let myself fall freely over the edge. I roll as I land on the ground people are nowhere in sight. In front of me are maybe ten or so Chitauri fighters circling around me. I move quickly into action tossing a piece of rubble at the armed soldiers. Knocking three of them to the side. The remaining fighters send energy blasts that I block easily with my gauntlets. I throw my lasso after them pulling them to me to kick them away like ragdolls. I look to the sky and see the SHIELD quinjet fall from the sky. Taking in my surroundings and seeing no one around, I rush to the crashed aircraft. Steve, Natasha, and Agent Barton walk out unscathed.

"Are you okay?" I asked, jogging up to them. They nod their heads for the most part, but Steve walks up to me and envelops me in a brief hug. A deep roar rumbles from above the city, and we all lookup.

"Stark, are you seeing this?" Steve asks into his earpiece. I take in the enemies that are pouring in through the portal. We maneuver our way to a bridge fighting off the soldiers where we can. "Those people down there need help."

"Go." Natasha states. "We got this."

"Think you can hold them off?" Steve looks at Hawkeye.

"Cap," He presses a button on his bow. "It will be my genuine pleasure." He takes aim at an enemy and shoots an arrow into the creature's head, gaining a few seconds for Steve to help the civilians. For a moment, I stand still to look at Steve run towards the officers. "You can give him back up, you know. We'll be fine." I didn't think twice before following suit. Running closer, I see Steve defend himself from three to four fighters oblivious to the one sneaking up behind him. I leap up and pull out my sword and turn slamming the last enemy into the wall before pulling out the blade and cocking my head slightly. The officers quickly get to work after that the display that was put on.

"Thanks." He looks at me.

"Anytime." I smile slightly. "Let's go." We run back to where Widow and Hawkeye are starting to look overpowered by the enemies. Steve runs for the first enemy in sight, and I slash one away from the group as we kill them slowly one by one. Until Thor's lightning comes from above electrocuting the rest of the enemies. Everyone stands trying to catch their breath before the next wave comes in.

"What's the story upstairs?" Steve moves towards Thor.

"The power surrounding the cube is impenetrable," Thor explains. I nod my head in agreement.