iv; i

A/N: I feel like I owe you guys an explanation as to why I haven't updated this story for a couple of months. I have had a rough couple of months with having no motivation and inspiration to write. For that I apologize. I have had this drafted up for quite a while I just haven't brought myself to actually publish is because my self-consciousness about my writing has been brought back and amplified. I'm trying my best to get over that. Anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter, please bare with me, and thank you to anyone who fully read this. 

--

The cold nips at my skin as I ride on the back of Steve's motorcycle. We zoom around enemies taking out ones that are in our way.

"Shit!" Tony's voice comes in through the coms.

"Language!" Steve impulsively responds. I suppress back a chuckle. "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?" Steve has done so well getting accustomed to today's world with technology.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra's base we've taken."

"Will you be a dear and drop me off with Thor?" I ask lifting myself to a crouching position on the back of Steve's bike. He makes a sharp turn giving me the trajectory to knock down some enemies. I jump up to my feet and take my lasso spinning it fast enough to make a gust of wind and bring it around to slam into one of the soldiers knocking them back into one another.

"Loki's Scepter must be here." Thor concurs while moving his hammer to take out his enemies. "Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it." He steps aside and the hammer slams into the man coming up on the attack behind him. "At long last." I run-up to a group of enemies and deflect the bullets shot at me before Thor's hammer takes out an enemy to my side. I take a glance around and see no one noticed then shrug.

"At long last is lasting a little long boys." Natasha's voice finally breaks in the earpiece.

"I think we lost the element of surprise." Clint reminds. I run as fast as my leg can carry me into the city.

"Wait a second. No one is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language'?"

"I know." Steve sighs.

"Oh, Tony leave him alone," I say.

"It just slipped out." Upon entering the city many of the citizens of Sokovia that the impact of the blast hit the ground.

"I'm sending in the Iron Legion."

"No need. I'm already here." The next blast almost hits the civilians, but I block the blast. "I need everyone to retreat to their homes." People look at me confused as I speak in their native tongue. I grab my lasso, willing it to glow and my influence spreading in the square. "It is dangerous here. Please return home where you are safe." Slowly people start to disappear into the buildings, but the Iron Legion comes in disrupting the influence I had. I feel the people's anger at the Avengers. They begin throwing acid at the bot as it melts away. I turn to run back to the main hub figuring that they will be distracted enough to not move towards the violence.

"Draw bridge is down, people." I enter the building without much trouble. The walls are grey and cold as I explore deeper into the base. Feeling a presence behind me I take out my lasso to pacify them. I see a young girl with red hair who seems terrified, and what seems like an impulse reaction grabs the lasso with both of her hands and red shoots up the lasso and into my hands. Suddenly I'm not in the bunker anymore.

--

I walk in a daze in the bright sunlight into a small town that I recognize as my home as a child.