beautiful silla,

•|•|•

•|•|•

Five figures on horseback rode through the peaceful night towards the city gate of Silla. They were wearing cloth masks that covered half of their face, not wanting anyone to recognize them.

Jinheung/Sam Maek Jong, the young King of Silla who went into hiding with his personal bodyguard, Pa Oh, due to numerous assassination attempts on his life when he was little. He was assuming the fake name, "Ji Dwi"

Hae-nim, the young Empress of China who met Jinheung when they were little. She openly welcomed him to China, and then on have been inseparable. She was assuming the fake name, "Dal-nim" which was contrast with her given name.

Liwen, Hae-nim's righthand woman who will do anything and everything for her. The General of the Imperial Army of China, and greatly feared by her subordinates.

Lu, Hae-nim's personal bodyguard, sharing the title with Liwen. Having known feelings for Hae-nim, he got into petty arguments with Jinheung.

Pa Oh, Jinheung's bodyguard who cared deeply for him and Hae-nim.

The five came to a full stop as soon as they entered the empty city gate. Jinheung and Hae-nim glanced around before looking at each other. They smiled, but with their mask covering their face yet they couldn't see it. However, they could see the eyes of the other filled with joy.

"Welcome home, Jinheung."

•••

Hae-nim sat alone on a wooden bench with her eyes close as she listened to the interesting story of a young woman, who was surrounded by the citizens of Silla.

"One cannot die so easily. The woman who barely survived decided to draw a mole right here. No one could recognize her. If you looked at her mole like this, the person's face just changes. Late at night, the woman had the man rest his head on her legs and said this as she stared at him."

"Why did you and I meet?"

"Why do you only hurt me?"

"Do you love me?"

"You are inside me."

Hae-nim felt a presence in front of her, blocking the warm light of the sun on her face. She opened her eyes and saw Jinheung standing in front of her with his arms crossed and an amused smile on his handsome face.

"Found you." Jinheung said and narrowed his eyes at her. "You do love running away from Liwen and Lu, huh?"

Hae-nim chuckled as she looked around for her two bodyguards, who she considered as close friends. "Those two are here somewhere." she said and looked back at Jinheung. "I never been to places other places. All my life I was inside the Forbidden City." Jinheung's smile faltered as he placed his hands down. "Now, that I was given a chance to see what lies beyond the city and the great wall, why not take the opportunity?"