ONE| TICKING TIME BOMB

✸

         JADE BRIGHTLY STOOD under the neon red lights of the Whyte Wyrm, blending into the dark autumn night, like a shadow. She plastered a fake smile over her face, batting her eyes up at the middle aged male, who wore a leather serpent jacket with pride. There was one thing she could always count on, a man wanting something he wasn't supposed to have. The girls young age didn't put him off, in fact, it added to his attraction, which made Jade's stomach sick with disgust. Men were pigs.

"Now princess, I think you've stumbled across the wrong part of town." The male cooed in a deep raspy voice, looking her up and down, animalistic. Jade refrained from scowling, as she stepped closer to the man, biting her lip, through a phony smile. Jade only cared for one thing and one thing only, money. She needed it, her stomach growled, reminding her why she was even out here at this time of night.

"I think I can handle my own, but thanks for the concern." She said in a low, steady voice, as she traced a finger over the green snake, sewed into his jacket. Though Jade was not a Serpent, she'd be lying if she said she hadn't considered joining, she'd have some sort of a family, it certainly couldn't be worse than her foster family. Nothing was worse than them, she was almost certain.

"Can I buy you a drink?" He offered, gesturing to the entrance of the Serpent bar. If Jade was lucky, she wouldn't even have to step foot in the place, all she'd have to do is get the cash and run.

"You think booze will make me submissive, do you?" She says, trailing her arm lower, and lower, down his arm, but the man didn't notice, he was too busy gawking at the girls breasts, it made it so much easier to steal from them, when they were douches.

"I don't need booze to get into your pants, princess." He says smirking down at the girl, she steps even closer to him, standing on her tippy toes, to reach her lips to his ear, with one hand unnoticeable in his pocket. The man took it as an invitation, placing his hand up her shirt, causing a shout of protest from the girl, as she stumbled back, swiftly removing the wallet from his pocket, the man finally notices.

"You whore!" He calls angrily, reaching for Jade, grabbing her by her jacket. She squirmed, and kicked trying to untangle herself from the man, but had no luck. Jade manages to pull one of her hands free, throwing a fist at the man's face, he stumbles back slightly, punching her right back, with large fists, Jade falls to the cold damp ground with a thud. Her cheek stinging from the blow.

"I'll show you, what I do to thieves." The man growls, crouching down on the ground, over top of the girl.

Jade looks for any form of help, but the Serpents that stood outside smoking and conversing with one another, turned their heads as if they saw nothing. She was completely and utterly alone.