FIVE| TAME THE LION

THE REST OF THE DINNER, to Jade's surprise, was fairly uneventful, there were no rude remarks about which coven was better, or any hexing threats, instead the six witches and warlock ate in awkward silence, Jade almost wished there were an argument, if only to lighten things up at bit.

"I'm sure finding out about your powers was a hard pill to swallow." Hilda spoke, breaking the restricting silence, Jade would have almost been happy for it, if everyone's eyes hadn't whipped to her, expecting a response.

She took a small sip of water. "I wouldn't even call it power, I can barely light a candle with...this." She said lifting her hands, with a shrug, causing curls to cascade in her eye.

"Oh Satan." Zelda began, placing a pale hand to her forehead, as if utterly stressed. "She can't even do a simple spell, maybe you should attend The Academy of Unseen Arts, with Sabrina." She adds, offering a nod in the blondes direction, Sabrina's face goes grim.

"Actually auntie...I haven't decided that I want to go there yet."

Ambrose sinks in his seat, across from Jade, as if he knows something she doesn't, like he was bracing himself for a storm, Zelda stops mid chew, and Marina's face grows red from anger.

"This is not up for debate, you're going and that's final." Hilda and Ambrose exchange a look, like they've seen this a million times, and Jade looks to Marina, who is still fuming.

"I haven't signed the book yet, so technically it's not final." She says sipping from her glass.

"She may be going, but Jade will not!" Marina finally barks out, as if she had been waiting to spit it out.

Zelda rolls her eyes, not trying to hide her annoyance. "She needs to learn how to use her powers, she's too far behind, her powers have been dormant for the past fifteen years, you may think you're a high and mighty witch, but even you're not enough to teach her everything she needs to know."

"Don't I have some say in this?" Jade finally opens her mouth, after sitting in silence for far too long. These witches had been in her life for all of two seconds and they were already trying to control her like a puppet and right now Zelda and Marina were tugging at both of the strings and soon they would pop.

This was all new to Jade, Jade in all her fifteen years of living had no rules from a parent, the streets of Riverdale basically raised her, and now these witches were trying to clean her up, and control her, it was basically like trying to tame a lion, Jade didn't obey rules, she broke them, it was silly of these witches to think they actually had a say in anything she would do, Hell the girl wasn't even sure she would stick around Greendale.

"Of course you have a say." Marina says, placing a warm hand over top of Jade's.

"You want your powers to grow?" Zelda asks, looking at Jade, ignoring Marina all together.

"Yes, of course I do." Jade says without thinking, because what fool wouldn't want stronger powers?

"Then you should really consider The Academy of Unseen Arts, your God Mother won't listen to me, but as your Satan Mother I think it would be a lovely idea, and you can even get to know your parallel better."

Satan Mother? As if reading Jade's mind, Zelda let's out a laugh. "Of course you haven't told her, dear, I'm your Satan Mother."

Jade assumed it was the equivalent to a God Mother, and refrained from asking what the hell that even meant.

"I'm already enrolled at Baxter High, I start Monday." Jade says, hoping that would end the debate.

Zelda looks taken aback by this. "You're a witch, you simply must end all ties with mortals."

Sabrina squirms in her seat. "Why...why can't she do both?"

"If you do decide to attend the Academy...you would have to attend Baxter High as well, Day Witches are heavily involved in mortal lives, they just don't know it, and it's important that no mortal find out about your powers." Marina says to me.

Jade leans back in her seat, consumed with thoughts. So consumed that for the rest of the dinner, she half listened to the light chatter and barely noticed when Hilda cleared the table, and began to offer slices of blueberry pie.

When dinner finally is over Marina heads out to the car and Jade follows after her.

"Hold up speed racer!" She hears a youthful female voice call. Jade turns around, her foot just outside the front doors threshold.

Jade's eyes meet the witches and then glance of at Ambrose, who stands beside The blonde, towering over her.

"That was a nightmare." Ambrose says, stuffing his hands deep into his pocket, Jade almost melts at the sound of his accent, Jade almost forgot how dreamy the boy was, with all the chaos from dinner.

"Is it always like that?" Jade laughs, though secretly she wanted to know, those witches were crazy, Jade knew all about crazy, but witch crazy was a whole different type of loco.

Sabrina laughs too a smile growing on her naturally cheery face. "No." She begins. "It usually ends with more blood and a ritual."

"My Satan, Sabrina, you're gonna give the girl a heart attack." Ambrose says when he sees the startled look on Jade's face.

"I know we've only just met, but I can tell we're gonna be great friends, we both have overbearing witch parents that want to control every aspect of our lives."

"We're going to end up going mad." Jade says with a shutter, envision herself as a puppet again, Zelda and Marina fighting for the strings.

"Will go mad together." Sabrina offers.

Jade smiles for what feels like the first time all night. "It'd be my pleasure to go mad with you."

"How cute, young witch love." Ambrose coos, placing a hand over his broad chest.

"Why are you even here?" Sabrina asks, nudging him lightly, laughing.

"I wasn't going to let you hog all the time with this beautiful specimen." He says smirking down at Jade, Jade offers an awkward smile, while Sabrina rolls her eyes.

"At that note, I think you should go, before Ambrose tried to eat you."

"I only bite if you're into that kinda thing!" He calls from the front door, as Jade walks to Marina's car.

What she doesn't say is how she'd like Ambrose to bite her all over, what she doesn't say is that she might just actually like Sabrina Spellman.

A/N
I forgot how much I loved this story ❤️💗💜💞🧡
Also sorry for posting so late, I just wrote this today which means it's unedited 🤠🤠