TWO| MOMMY DEAREST

✸

           JADE QUIETLY SLID her bedroom window open, slipping into her room, louder than she would have liked, flicking on the light on her nightstand, she nearly jumped out of her skin when she noticed her foster mother sitting on the edge of her unmade bed, waiting ever so patiently for her. Jade had officially deemed this night the worst night of her life.

"Where the hell have you been?" The middle aged woman asked, her cheeks rosy and flushed from the numerous amount of booze, she undoubtedly consumed throughout the night.

Unfortunately for Jade, her foster mother was a raging alcoholic with severe anger problems, which made her the rightful punching bag. Jade couldn't thank the woman for much, but she could thank her for her ability to take a hit, from years of blows and punches.

"I was....out?" Jade tried, raising a brow waiting for the woman's reaction, Jade knew no matter what she said, this wouldn't end well for her. And quite frankly, Jade herself was scared, scared at what she might do, she could not be held accountable for her actions, her spasms were uncontrollable and seemed to occur when she was in a life threatening situation, what about Pop's though? Something in her head rung, she was under no threat, but she was still consumed with....well, she had no freaking idea.

"You been out all night long," the woman began, rising from the bed now, approaching Jade. "You been wit a boy, so help me god Jade if you pregnant, I'll kill the dammed thing myself!"

"I'm not!" Jade began, as she took a few steps back from the drunken woman, she looked completely bonkers, her brown hair was flowing in her tired gray eyes as she stalked closer to Jade, so close she could smell the alcohol on her warm breath.

"You think you're slick, I know you've been whorein it up with those Serpent guys, you'll do anything for a quick buck." She says, exhaling a tired breath, that Jade assumed was a laugh.

Jade clenched her jaw, and balled up her fist tight, she would not let her win. "Are you suggesting that I'm a prostitute?" Jade asked, raising a brow, her only defense was sarcasm, if she was busy being a smart ass, she wouldn't be inflicting the spasms.

"Don't get sassy with me girl!" Her foster mother huffed out, baring yellow teeth. Though Jade mostly loathed her foster mother, she mostly felt bad for her, she was beautiful once, a life full of promise, until she got turned on to the partying lifestyle, the booze and drugs eventually caught up to her, turning her beauty to ugly. Beauty was the only thing she had, and once she lost that, she had nothing and now she was making sure that Jade had the same nothingness faith.

"I'm not getting sassy, I just want to know why you think I'm a prostitute." Jade said, with a shrug. "Is there good money in that profession, I honestly thought of myself as more of a stripper, perhaps a drug lord, but prostitution! Gosh golly that sounds like the perfect career for me, don't you think?" Jade presses on.