Playtime of Autumn

It had been a few months when Byeongkwan seen the handsome man he had seen just before he got sick. He remembered those few days he had been at the older kid’s house. The young man had taken care of Byeongkwan. He had taken care of Byeongkwan while the younger was too sick to move. Byeongkwan was very grateful to Sehyoon. 

The autumn air filled the outdoors when Byeongkwan had left for another day in the boring school. There was going to be a small play that was going to be showing later that day. The school had been promoting the play since they started rehearsing it. Byeongkwan really wanted to watch it but his family couldn’t afford it like the other students.

“Byeongkwan?” Junhee had called out to him. Byeongkwan looked up from the book he was reading to look at the older male.

“Yeah?” Byeongkwan asked the older.

“Are you alright?” Junhee asked.

“I am,” Byeongkwan answered. The younger’s expression showed a different answer which Junhee seen.

“I know you aren’t. Is it about that handsome kid?” Junhee questioned. Byeongkwan shook his head almost instantly.

“No. I just really want to see the play that is coming up but I can’t afford it,” Byeongkwan told the older. The young boy looked up at Junhee and seen the look he had when he had a plan.

“I have a plan,” Junhee told Byeongkwan. The younger knew this wasn’t going to be good. Byeongkwan watched the other stand up and walk in a different direction. Byeongkwan watched in horror as Junhee approached the handsome kid that Byeongkwan liked. There was something about Sehyoon that Byeongkwan liked. Maybe it was his personality.

Byeongkwan looked down at the sidewalk as he waited for his friend to return so he could walk home. Junhee was coming over to hang out with Byeongkwan. The younger needed help and when they were done, they were going to play video games. This was normal school life for Byeongkwan.

Junhee didn’t return but the man that walked up surprised Byeongkwan. It wasn’t Donghun or Yuchan either. The young man that stood in front of Byeongkwan was none other than Sehyoon. The raven haired boy looked at Byeongkwan with a smile on his face. Sehyoon looked handsome up close. Byeongkwan’s heart picked up its pace the longer he looked at Sehyoon’s smiling face. There was a point where Byeongkwan thought Sehyoon could hear his heartbeat.

“Byeongkwan, can ask you something?” Sehyoon asked. Byeongkwan’s eyes looked into Sehyoon’s.

“What is it, Sehyoon?” Byeongkwan questioned. Byeongkwan already had a thought of what he was going to ask.

“Will you go to the play with me?” Sehyoon asked with hope in his voice. Byeongkwan knew he was going to ask this. The younger boy was still shocked by it.

“Sure,” Byeongkwan answered. He wasn’t the type of person to turn down his crush. “Did Junhee put you up to this?”

“He asked me if I was going to the play, which I had planned on it. He then told me to ask you to go watch the fall play with me,” Sehyoon replied. Byeongkwan looked past Sehyoon to where Junhee was standing as he watched the two. The younger glared at him. Junhee never looked more frightened then that moment.

“So he did play a part in you asking me. Im going to kill him in video games tonight,” Byeongkwan whispered. Byeongkwan was talking more to him then anything but Sehyoon heard him.

“You guys are going to play video games?”Sehyoon asked?

“Yeah we always do after homework,” Byeongkwan told the other. Byeongkwan thought for a second. Should he invite Sehyoon over for games as well so he could get to know him better. “Want to come over as well?” Byeongkwan asked the other shyly after a few moments.

“I will join you two,” Sehyoon answered. The two smiled as Byeongkwan waved Junhee over. The other male walked over and the three headed off to Byeongkwan’s home.

The cool air hit their faces as they made their way to Byeongkwan’s home. Byeongkwan thought Sehyoon would remember the way since he was there before back when he was sick. He remembers those days very well. He remembered the day he was carried by Sehyoon into the other boy’s home that time he fainted due to the cold, rainy day.

Byeongkwan kept looking at the beautiful colors of the different leaves on the trees as they walked by each one. The colors were so pretty compared to the slightly brown grass.  Byeongkwan loved the fall season more than the other seasons. Everything was pretty when it changed colors to prepare for winter. The leaves will fall soon and the trees will lose their cover. The leaves will then become piles that little kids like Byeongkwan would jump in to have a little bit of fun.

The three made it to Byeongkwan’s small house moments later. Byeongkwan opened the door and let his guests walk in first like he always did with Junhee. The two were in and Byeongkwan walked through, shutting the door behind him. The three young boys walked up the stairs and into Byeongkwan’s large bedroom. Sehyoon and Junhee proceeded to sit on the floor next to the television and took out their homework. Byeongkwan did the same thing. Homework was always the first thing done in Byeongkwan’s house. There was no way around it.

Byeongkwan took forever to do his homework. He kept looking towards Sehyoon every time he answered a question. He just couldn’t take his eyes off the older for very long. Every once in a while Sehyoon would catch him and smile at the younger. When he was done though, it was video game time. Thank goodness Byeongkwan had four controllers for his wii.

The three were playing Mario Kart. They were playing on the map with the trees and the brown leaves. It reminded Byeongkwan of the trees outside. Those that were beginning to change colors. Byeongkwan loved the fall and the pretty colors were the reason why. The colors reminded Byeongkwan of moving on and letting go.