Winter Wonderland

Snow was falling outside of Byeongkwan's window. the wind blew it around softly and it seemed to be soft snow. Byeongkwan wanted to go outside but knowing that he would most likely get sick, his parents won't let him. He was lonely and sad since none of his friends were able to visit. even Sehyoon was busy with family. School was out for the holiday so he had no homework to do. The young boy was just bored out of his mind.

Byeongkwan hated how he had the weak immune system. He wanted to be like any other kid and play in the snow without having to go to the hospital a few days later. he wanted to have fun and enjoy the soft but cold snow. the thought of throwing snowballs at his friends and making snowmen with them was one of the small things Byeongkwan wished he could have done. he missed that he couldn't be with Sehyoon right now. Even if the other was busy with family.

The house seemed quiet without his friends. Byeongkwan didn't know what he wanted to do. his mother and his father were downstairs watching movies together and Byeongkwan didn't want to bother them with joining in on the movie marathon. that left Byeongkwan to either work on his brand new Tumblr blog. he called it Winter Wonderland Choice. it may be called Winter wonderland but it doesn't go with the actual season. its more like an art blog. he posts videos of dancing and sometimes drawings or memes.

"Are you busy?" he heard his mother say. Byeongkwan about jumped out of his chair at the sound of her voice.

"Whats up, mom?" Byeongkwan asked her.

"We just got a call from one of your friends and we have been invited to a snow outing in a cabin and we will be learning to ski," his mother answered.

"That sounds fun, Byeongkwan replied with a smile on his face.

"They also want to have a small party on Christmas if you want to join then too," his mother told him.

"That would be awesome," Byeongkwan replied excitedly.

"Then get ready, we will be leaving soon," his mother told him. with that, she left the room and Byeongkwan was up getting ready to be with his friends. he didn't think his parents would want him to go out in the cold but today they were alright with it apparently.

The young boy was ready a few minutes later ans was ready to go in the car. His parents got into the car with his dad driving and his mother in the passenger seat. Byeongkwan plugged his earbuds into his phone and started to listen to some music as they started to drive down the road. he couldn't travel without his music. the music kept him calm since sometimes he couldn't stand being in the car. Byeongkwan liked making jokes but laughing behind the wheel wasn't a good idea for his father so he tended to keep quiet.

As the car went down the road, Byeongkwan looked out the window as his music played in his ears. The blanket of snow seemed to get deeper and deeper the further away from the city they got. It looked pretty in Byeongkwan's eyes. Winter was hard on the boy but he loved the season. it was his favorite after all. the way Byeongkwan thought of the snow was that it was like himself. the snowflakes were very fragile just like he was because of his immune system. the snow melted at the touch of heat when they hit the window in front of Byeongkwan's face. 

The ride to the cabin was a long boring one. Byeongkwan had almost fallen asleep on the way to where he was going. His parents were quiet all the way there. The only thing in the car that could be heard is the soft sound of music from the radio but Byeongkwan had his own music. His parents and him had two different tastes in music. When they did reach the cabin though, Byeongkwan searched the area for his friends before he was told to go inside by his parents. The young boy got out and headed towards the wood building in front of where their car was parked. The one thing he didn't expect was to get suddenly attacked as soon as he entered the building.

"Kwannie~," Sehyoon called sweetly as he hugged his boyfriend.

"You all got here before I did?" Byeongkwan asked the others.

"Of course, we know how long it takes for you to be ready to go anywhere," Junhee answered.

"I'm surprised that your parents even let you out of the house for the weekend," Yuchan told the slightly older male.

"Let's just get through the day of skiing. Then they might not let me," Byeongkwan told them as he chuckled. With that, the small group of kids headed up to the room where they were all staying.

The stairs were a fun climb for Byeongkwan. All the stuff his parents made him bring was extremely hard to get up the narrow stairway. Byeongkwan was huffing and puffing as soon as he got to the top since his things were very heavy. His friends did take a few to lighten the load before they headed up but it was still enough to be heavy for him. The five boys then hurried to the room to dump their stuff off in the room.

The room the boys were staying in was rather big for the five of them. Byeongkwan could feel his mouth hang open from the size of the room. He froze in the door way and blocked the way for all his friends behind him. The room was very large and spacious and there was enough space for all the sleeping bags around the single queen-sized bed. The room smelled of the winter pine trees that were just right outside the cabin. There were a few windows in the room with a nice view of the snowy outdoors. As he was admiring the room, Byeongkwan jumped at the sudden touch on his shoulder. It was his friends trying to get him to move from the doorway. They must have really wanted to play in the snow before they all went skiing. The five of them rushed to put Byeongkwan's things away and ran as fast as they possibly could to the snowy outdoors.

As soon as the boys had reached outside, the playing began. Donghun and Yuchan were starting war with the other three and soon enough there was a snowball fight going on. Sehyoon and Byeongkwan were going after Junhee while being hit by snowballs from the other two. That was until Sehyoon hit Byeongkwan with a tiny snowball in the shoulder. That was when the war was really on. It went from teams to every man to themselves. Byeongkwan was loving every bit of it. This is what Byeongkwan loved about winter. The snowflakes falling from the sky and the snowball fights with the others. That's what makes Winter the best season in Byeongkwan's eyes.