Flower Fields of Spring

Spring came fast for Byeongkwan. He was excited for the flowers to bloom so he could go to the park with Sehyoon and see all the pretty colors. He looked forward for this time of year. And now, his favorite season was here. It was finally in front of his window. During this season, his window is where he always sat next to. He got enough sunlight each day he was there and looking outdoors to the pretty colors he was able to see. Even his parents couldn't get him away from his window for long, knowing how the boy loved the season.

Byeongkwan ran downstairs to see his mother in the kitchen, cooking to her hearts content. She was making breakfast for the family. It was a beautiful Saturday so that made Byeongkwan excited. He had asked Sehyoon to come over yesterday at school and his boyfriend had agreed. This made Byeongkwan even more excited.

"Morning Byeongkwan," his mother greeted when she seen her son entered the kitchen. The young male had a big smile on his face.

"Morning mom. What's for breakfast?" Byeongkwan asked. The woman stopped cooking for a minute to turn around and look at her son.

"the normal. When is Sehyoon coming over?" she asked Byeongkwan. The young man could feel his face heat up just a little. This always happened when his mother would ask questions about the older male.

"He will be coming over in an hour," Byeongkwan answered. His mother nodded and turned back around, focusing her attention back to cooking. The young male grabbed a glass of water and walked out of the kitchen to not bother his mother and her cooking.

Byeongkwan walked into the living room of their house and sat down on the couch. He was going watch some tv before Sehyoon came. He needed to focus on something before he got too excited and freaked Sehyoon out when he got here. Over the years with Sehyoon, the young boy would get so excited over something, he would lose track of where he was and almost get hit by cars, killed in store violence etc. When in these times, Sehyoon worried about the other.

Byeongkwan was scrolling through channels when his mother called for breakfast. The first to enter the kitchen was Byeongkwan's father. He was always first because Byeongkwan was usually still asleep till his mother went to wake him up. The young boy shut off the tv and made his way to the dining table to get breakfast.

The family was quiet as they ate. Very few words were exchanged between the three. This left Byeongkwan in his own ocean of thoughts. The young boy was thinking of later. The idea of seeing the flowers right after they bloomed was a pretty sight for Byeongkwan. All the years before, he would sneak out of his house alone and go to the park so he could see the flowers. There was a time when he met a few other people along the way. He would always run into a kid younger then him named Yuchan.

Yuchan was a good boy to hang out with. He always smiled even when he wasn't having a good day. Byeongkwan envied the boy for that reason. He wished he was able to smile through the constant being sick and being unable to be free with what he did. That was the thing with Byeongkwan. He thought the day when he went to highschool, he would be able to do more things but that didn't happen. His parents always blamed him being sick all the time but Byeongkwan knew they wanted to protect him. Sehyoon however was always able to get him out and about because his parents loved Sehyoon. There was a knock at the door which broke the young man from his thoughts.

"Why don't you go let him in, Byeongkwan," his mother told him. Byeongkwan hurriedly got up and headed to the door.

The young man made it to the door in no time since his family didn't have a very big house. And on the up side of things, the dining room was close to the front door. When Byeongkwan opened the door, he froze on the spot. Sehyoon was dressed in all black as always but there was something new about him. Byeongkwan studied him a little bit then realized he was just standing there looking at his boyfriend.

"Do I look that stunning?" Sehyoon joked. Byeongkwan felt his face heat up from the small joke. This made the older man laugh a little.

"Come in," Byeongkwan told the other while trying to hide his face. Sehyoon did as he was instructed.

"Welcome Sehyoon," Byeongkwan's mother said in the doorway to the kitchen. The woman almost scared Byeongkwan just by showing up right there.

"Hello there, Mrs. Kim," Sehyoon told the woman. Byeongkwan's mother smiled brightky at the young man. Byeongkwan was glad thst his parents were alright with him dating Sehyoon.

"You ready to go, Byeongkwan?" Sehyoon turned to byeongkwan and asked the younger.

"Yeah, lets go," Byeongkwan answered excitedly.

The two then left Byeongkwan's house in Sehyoon's black car. The ride towards the flower fields was quiet and enjoyful. Byeongkwan was finakky out of the house after the harsh winter of constantly being sick for the younger. The day was nice and the two were goning to spend it together like they always do. They couldn't stop being around each other.

It didn't take long to reach the flower fields. Byeongkwan was amazed at how amazing the place looked with all the bloomed flowers. The pretty colors blanketed the green grass and made it more peaceful. As soon as Sehyoon stopped the car, Byeongkwan was out of the car in a rush. He was just so excited to see the flowers. He left sehyoon to grab the stuff for their little picnic.

"Byeongkwan, come help me," Sehyoon called out. Byeongkwan ran to help Sehyoon soon after. He knew he needed to help his boyfriend before they could see the flowers. The colorful things that Byeongkwan loved so much other then Sehyoon. It took them only five minutes to set up their picnic supplies. Once it was set up, sehyoon sat against the tree with Byeongkwan's head in his lap.

"Isn't this place beautiful?" Sehyoon asked breaking the silence between the two. Byeongkwan looked up to look at Sehyoon.

"Yeah, it is. Thanks for bringing us here, Sehyoon," Byeongkwan replied. Sehyoon put his hand on Byeongkwan's cheek. The older man let a smile creep onto his face.

"I will do everything for you, even if it is to come here every spring with you to see the flowers you love," Sehyoon told him.