Chapter 2

Michael

I let out a loud sigh when I walked down the hallway leading to Jarads door. I didn't want to come earlier because more people would be awake, the possibility of me being seen going into his room became higher.

I took a deep breath before knocking on the door. He answered it, smiling once he saw me. "Hey mikey" he moved over and I walked in quickly. I pulled him into a hug, trying not to cry over something that happened earlier.

"What happened baby?" He asked, rubbing my back. I held back a smile when he called me that. "J-jare, my brother, h-he-" I started crying while he played in my hair. "Its okay, come here" he said softly, pulling me to his bed. We laid there in silence, but including my sniffling and small sobs.

"Mikey you have to tell me what's bothering you. I dont like seeing you upset baby" he turned toward me. I took a deep breath. "My brother got shot. He might die" I said. He didn't say anything. He pulled me close and held me tight.

The door to his room opened, revealing Jahseh. Me and Jahseh had been "friends" before Stokeley and him became "friends". I didn't want him seeing my laying on top of Jarad crying, so I quickly rolled off him. "Chill Mike, you act like I dont know." He said before grabbing something. "I needed my wallet. Bye. And Michael, do you know about your brother?"

I felt a pain go through my chest. Did he die and I wasn't informed yet? "All I know is he got shot" I said quietly, fighting my sobs. "Okay. If you go to visit him tell him I said hi. Bye" he walked out.

"You want me to take you?" Jarad asked, wrapping his arms around me. "I can take myself, I dont want to be a burden" I sniffles and wiped my face. "I'll take you" he sat up and started changing into some jeans and a black t shirt. He so fine.

He put on some shoes and grabbed his keys. "Come on baby" he said, walking towards me and grabbing my hand. I hate that I cant do this in front of everyone. I love him. But if i do then everyone will know I'm gay and i dont need my family knowing.

I pulled my hand away from his once we walked into the hallway. "Thank you Jare. Hes at Saint Jesus Hospital." (Idk any hospital names, I dont pay attention)

He smiled and we got into his car. We held hands the entire way there. Before we went in he kissed my cheek. Usually I dont let him do all this, but I really need the affection right now. I walked up to the front desk. "Hi, I'm here to see Sonny White" I said to the lady. (His brother is sluttysonny cause shesdifficult )

"How do you know the patient? And can I see your i.d.?" "Hes my brother" I said, pulling out my I.D. and handing it over. "And who is this?" "My friend Jarad" "I'm not going back, I'm just gonna sit in the waiting room" Jarad said before giving me a soft smile.

I nodded and he walked away. "Okay, hes in room 917D. That's the fourth floor." She said, handing me my I.D. "thank you ma'am. Bye the way your nails are amazing" I complimented. She smiled. "You just made my day honey"

I quickly rushed to the fourth floor, finding his room. I knocked before walking in, seeing him laying there motionless. "S-Sonny?" I said, fighting myself because I was gonna cry. "Mikey?" He looked at me and smiled. I rushed to him and hugged him. "I thought you fucking died" I sobbed.

"I'm all good here baby brother. I got shot in my lower abdomen" he said, smiling at me. "Stupid fucker. How did you even get shot?" I pouted. "Some guy that I owe some money to caught me walking in the street. He drove by and started shooting. His aim trash cause he only hit me twice"

I rolled my eyes as he laughed. "When can you leave?" "Tomorrow. Dont worry about me mikey. I love you" he pulled me in for another hug. "I love you too. I gotta go, I have a project." I lied. I wanted to cuddle with Jarad. "Forgot you go to college. Be safe. Bye" "bye"

I kissed his forehead and walked out. I'm so glad hes okay. I walked toward Jarad. "Hey, how is he?" "Hes good. He said he can leave tomorrow." I said. We started walking toward the exit. "You wanna watch a movie once we get back? We dont got classes on tomorrow" He asked as we got into his car. "Sure" I smiled.

Not edited

I been forcing myself to update for so long. If any of you dont pay attention to my message board, I got stabbed by a old "friend" cause she on crack and thought I stole a rock. I'm all good though. It was in my leg and it was a dull ass knife lmao.