forty-five

ZARA

"Is your dad gonna be alright living in the house by himself?" Diego asked me as we got ready to go to the party his friend was throwing. It was a last minute thing we decided to go to. Diego's apartment was filled with boxes that were packed with all of his stuff. We couldn't move in for another week, but he packed a bunch of his stuff early on.

"I think so," I replied as I pulled a pair of skinny jeans on and looked in the mirror, "I think Vanessa is gonna be moving in there soon."

"They haven't been dating that long," he commented and I nodded.

"Yeah, but I feel like he really loves her. Its different than my mom, he loved her because he felt like he had to. I think he loves Vanessa because he genuinely does."

"That's good. I'm really happy he found someone he loves."

"I am too," I said with a smile.

"You almost ready to go?" Diego asked me and I nodded. I slipped on my yellow crop top, then tied the front of it.

"Oh, you're not leaving my side tonight," Diego said as his fingertips grazed my exposed midriff.

"Yeah? And why's that?" I asked as I felt his lips below my ear.

"You know why," he said and I laughed at his lips tickling me, "you're hot and all the boys just love to stare at you."

"Oh, but I only have eyes for one guy." I turned around to face him and put my arms around his neck. He set his hands on my hips, like we were slow dancing.

"Who's that?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Really cute guy, you wouldn't know him," I said with a smile, Diego chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"What are you wearing under all that?" He asked, referring to my outfit. I smirked slightly.

"Thats for me to know and you to find out," I paused and he smiled wide, "later."

"Go get your ass in the car," he said and I nodded.

"Yes sir," I responded and pulled away. I went over and grabbed my purse off of the ground, while purposefully sticking my bottom up in the air. I winked at him before walking out of his room and grabbing his car keys, leaving mine so that he could lock the door whenever he came out.

I went down to the car and started it from the passenger seat. I got on Instagram and started to scroll through when the driver side door opened and Diego got in. He shut his door amd buckled up.

"Locked the house?" I asked and he nodded. He pulled out of the parking spot he was in. The sun was setting and it was beginning to get dark outside. It was getting to be eight o'clock and I knew it was going to be pitch black soon.

"Who's being the DD tonight?" Diego asked me.

"I will," I said and looked over to Diego, "I'm not in the drinking mood tonight."

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I just don't feel like being incoherent by the end of the night."

"I got ya," he said and set his hand on my thigh as he drove, "I probably won't drink that much either, but—"

"You don't know your limits sometimes," I replied and he chuckled.

"You know me so well," he joked as he kept driving.