~Chapter Four~

~Evan's POV~

Beep beep beep-

I groan a little as I stop my alarm. I stretch a little and get out of my bed. Mom is already gone so I'm alone. She has to go at work early.

I get ready pretty quickly and I'm about to go to school. Oh wait! Jared's jacket! I go up stairs in my room and grab it. It was on my bed. Is that weird if I say that I slept with it? Yeah that's definitely weird. Almost creepy...

But I'm weird after all...

This time I go outside, lock the door and start walking to school. I can't stop thinking about Jared. It's kinda frustrating that I suddenly feel like this towards him.

Well it's not really sudden but still! I arrive to school and look for him to give his jacket back. I can't see him and the bell just rang.

Guess I'll give it to him at lunch.

~•~

I sit at a table alone. I feel nervous cause I don't know if Jared will come sit with me. After all, he was kinda confusing when he said he didn't really forgive me but still kinda forgave me.

Jared is confusing sometimes.

I see Alana talking with Jared. They're approaching the table where I am. I feel my heart beating faster as they both smile at me.

"Hey!" Alana says. She seems happy today. "Hi" Jared simply says. Even if his tone wasn't as happy as Alana's one, he was smiling warmly. Not a smirk a real smile.

"Hi!" I respond trying to sound happy too. "Oh! Jared I have- I have your j-jacket." I open my backpack and take it. I hear Alana whisper something to Jared but I can't tell what she said. When I look back at my friend, I see Jared bright red and Alana laughing like I never saw her laugh.

"U-um...here." I say handing it nervously to him. "Thanks Ev. Alana will you stop laughing please!" He sounds more embarrassed than angry.

"Ok ok sorry." She says wiping off a tear. She sighs. I raise an eyebrow. "What- what was that f-funny?" I ask confused. Something was up between them. What if... Oh no! I hope they're not together! I don't know why but at that idea, I feel my heart being crushed.

"Nothing!" Jared quickly responds for her. Oh my god...I'm not feeling very well, they're acting very oddly...

Suddenly Alana looks behind me and stops smiling like before. She seems nervous now. "Ok guys. I have something very important to tell you."

"G-go for it A-Alana." I say trying not to think about what could possibly go between Jared and Alana. I can't get this thought out of my mind, and that just makes me want to go back at home and wait in my bed til I die.

Jared nods. But I don't know if it's to approve the fact that Alana is going to reveal they're together, or if he just says she can tell us that important thing.

"I'm...I'm lesbian..."

Dead silence. And I slowly process what she just said. Sooooo...Technically if she's lesbian she's not with Jared. Right?

I sigh in relief. She looks at me weirdly. Uh oh...I must have seemed a little too relieved. "You seem...happy? Relieved?" I can she's nervous because we didn't say anything.

"U-uh...yeah! I-I mean no! I mean y-yeah I'm kinda...uh... re-relived cause um..." Come on Hansen! Finds something intelligent to say! You just CAN'T say that you're relieved because you thought they were together.

"cause...I'm- I'm bi?" Wow. It sounded more like a question and it makes no sense. "C-cause y'know if- if you're lesbien th-then you'll a-accept me." I nervously chuckle.