~Chapter Six~

~Evan's POV~

It's Wednesday and I'm on my way to Jared's place. I'm happy to spend time with him but kinda nervous at the time. I might do something embarrassing in front of him. I'm always scared of what people think of me but, for some reason, Jared's judgement is even more important to me.

I ring the doorbell and wait for him to open the door. Nothing. I'm wondering if it's today we're supposed to meet. I ring a second time.

It's Michale who opens the door. "Hi sorry I don't know Jared didn't answer the door he's in his room though..."

We both go upstairs and I hear music coming from Jared's room. I quietly walk towards his door. Michael heard the music too cause he's walking towards Jared's room too.

His door is open just a crack so we could see inside. He is playing piano. I didn't know he has a piano but anyway. I don't really have the time to focus on the piano cause he starts singing.

"I don't need you to sell me on reasons to want you~
I don't need you to search for the proof that I should~
You don't have to convince me~
You don't have to be scared you're not enough~
'Cause what we've got going is good~"

My eyes go wide. I look at Michael and his jaw dropped. I don't think he knew Jared could think that well either.

"I don't need more reminders of all that's been broken~
I don't need you to fix what I'd rather forget~
Clear the slate and start over~
Try to quiet the noises in your head~
We can't compete with all that~"

I can't help but smile. His singing is just so amazing.

"So what if it's us?~
What if it's us~
And only us~
And what came before won't count anymore or matter?~
Can we try that?~
What if it's you~
And what if it's me~
And what if that's all that we need it to be~
And the rest of the world falls away?~
What do you say?~"

He stops singing and playing and reaches for a notebook placed next to him. But he doesn't have the time to grab it that Michael open the door applause loudly and screams.

"JARED WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU COULD SING THAT WELL?! AND THAT SONG DID YOU WRITE IT?"

Jared jumps and blushes when he realize Michale has been listening during the whole time.

"My god dude chill and stop screaming please. Take deep breathes ok?"

Michael nods and breathes deeply. Then he speaks again. "So, did you write it?" He asks calmly this time. Jared nods and looks down.

Cute... I think. I shake my head to get these thoughts out of my mind. I can't like Jared. I'm just a family friend to him.

"That was amazing! Seriously you should have tell me before!" Michael was still talking happily.

"Ok ok I stop and I leave you two alone." He says as he starts walking towards the doorframe. Jared raises an eyebrow. Oh right I'm still hidden he didn't see me yet.

I walk in the room and as soon as he sees me, his expression turns on a panicked one. "Did you hear it too?" He asks sounding scared.

I shyly nod. "But I-I think it-it was amazing!"

"You know what let's start your maths and forget about...that." He says walking towards his desk. I think it's the first time I see Jared embarrassed. He's usually really confident.

~•~

We finished my homework and we're now laying on his bed next to each other.

"Evan?" He says looking at his ceiling.

"Yes?" I turn my head to look at him.

"Don't tell Alana or anyone else about that ear rape ok?" He looks at me too.

I chuckle at his sentence. "Ok. But you-you have t-to know that wasn't a-an 'ear rape'. It-it was wonderful."

"If you say so..." He's gazing at the ceiling again. But I can't stop looking at him. I want to run my fingers through his hair and I want to kiss hi-

Nope. No no no. Stop this right now Evan. I turn my look to the ceiling to avoid those rebel thoughts.

"I-I should go-go home." I say standing up.

He nods and walks with me down stairs.

~•~

As I walk home I can't stop thinking of his voice when he sang earlier. It was so beautiful. I could have listen to him all night.

When I enter my house I rush up stairs and plop on my bed. I quickly get bored. I look around in my room and find what I'm gonna do.

I sit at my desk, grab a piece of paper, a pencil and start doodling stuffs that come in my mind. A character holding a bisexual flag, little animals, some trees, a few cactuses and a lot of hearts...

Why hearts? I don't know... At least, I hope I don't know. I don't want it to be true. It just can't be true.

"Honey I'm here!" I hear mom say. "I go down stairs. "Hi mom."

"I don't feel like cooking today. What about we order pizza?" She seems exhausted. I smile and nod. "Go take your shower while I order."

I walk up stairs and go in the bathroom.

~•~

"So what did you do today." Mom asks.

We're sitting on the couch watching Netflix with two boxes of pizza in front of us. It's been a while since we did that. I like those moment because I feel close of mom.

"Well I-I went to Jared's a-and he helped me with my-my maths." I say grabbing another pizza slice.

"It's good to see that Jared and go are close again." She says smiling. "You know I think that even if he doesn't show it, he really appreciate you."

"I guess..."

We talk a little more about Jared and her mom and laugh together.

I say goodnight to mom and go in my room. I lay in my bed and think about what I try to deny since a pretty long time. How I feel about Jared. He's definitely more than a friend to me.

I hate to admit it but I might be in love with Jared.

Word count: 1064

A/n: Heyyy!!! I'm so sorry that chapter is so short... I'll try to do better the next time I swear!

Hope you're having a nice day/night!

Buh-bi!!!