~Chapter Five~

~Jared's POV~

"I'll never- I'll never get this p-problem! I-I hate math!" Evan crosses his arm and I sigh. "C'mon Hansen! You just have to multiply it." He just looks at me like if I just spoke another language.

"But- but why do I-I have to m-multiply it? If- If you don't e-explain it to m-me I c-cant understand it!" I sigh again.

"Ok you know what? We're gonna take a break. You wanna eat something?" He nods and he follows me down stairs. As we walk nearer to the kitchen we hear Michael's voice clearer.

"...annoyed me for, I don't know, YEARS? And you just...break up with her???" I know Evan heard it too cause he's looking at me like he's searching for answers. I just shrug and we walk into the kitchen.

There's another boy talking to Michael in the kitchen. Oh that's his boyfriend or whatever.

"Look Michael... I know it was a really quick relationship for so much time pinning over her but-"

"Well yeah since you didn't even start dating her right after the play, it was a long time pinning over without asking her out." Michael crosses his arms and look the other boy right in the eyes.

I clear my throat to make them know they're not alone anymore.

"Oh Jared! Please tell him that after years of pinning over a girl and never asking her out even when you could because you saved from a supercomputer-" I don't know if it's me but don't understand any of what he's telling me. I look at Evan and he seems even more confused. Almost scared...

"You were the one who brought de Mountain Dew Red! I didn't do anything!"

"Don't cut me off while I'm explaining something complicated Jeremiah."

The other boy gasps. "I've already told you not calling me that Michael."

Michael just sticks his tongue out. "Anyway! Where was I?" He asks looking at me.

"I don't know cause I didn't understand any of what you were telling me..." I say truly confused by that weird discussion between the two younger boy.

"Ok well I'll start since the beginning." He says after sighing.

He tells us how Jeremy 'saved' Christine and all the others from the Squip, and how he asked her out after a whole year. And he just broke up with her today. They dated for like 1 week or something.

"I don't even know why you're upset about it! I mean, you're not the one who was pinning desperately over someone for years..."

Michael looks down and mumbles something.

I look back at Evan. "Ok let's eat and get back to the math."

He nods and I grab food for him and me. As we walk out of the kitchen I hear the two of them saying stuffs like "I'm sorry I yelled at you for nothing." Or "no it's my fault, I've been soooo annoying lately."

I don't understand how they went from what seemed to be a big fight to big hugs.

They're so gay for each other how didn't they already notice it???

~•~

It's time for Evan (and apparently Jeremy) to leave.

"Th-thanks again for the-the help Jared." He says as I open the door for him. "You're welcome you can come again if you want. You're free Wednesday?" I ask him.

"Y-yeah."

"Well then come whenever you want! And you sure you don't want me to drive you home?"

"No i-it's fine. I-I can wa-walk."

I nod and he waves at me. I close the door and sigh. Damn... I'm falling so hard for this boy. Who can blame me? He's just so...perfect!!!

Now it's time to talk about that... fight? With Michael. I walk to his room and knock at the door.

"Come in!"

I enter the room and close the door behind me. He's sitting at his desk. I go near to him.

"What was that?" I ask.

"What was what?" He doesn't look at me. He's avoiding any eye contact.

"That thing with Jeremy."

He sighs and looks at me. "I think it's time for me to tell this to someone... I have a crush on him since forever..."

"Yeah I already know that but what's wrong, I mean he just broke up with that girl! You should be happy!"

"Wait wait wait! How do you know I like him?" Oh god... he doesn't know he's obvious...

"That's pretty obvious actually." I smirk and his face goes a little red. "Well that fact that he broke up is bad because I had to listen to him talk about Christine all the time during the past few years. When they were dating, he wouldn't say anything about her. But now he broke up and-"

"I don't understand any of your logic but it doesn't matter. I think that you should take that opportunity to get even closer to him and when you're ready, ask him out!" I don't even think it's necessary to wait. Jeremy is obviously gay as fuck for Michael too.

"But you don't understand! He broke up with her because he said he thinks he likes someone else! That means that I'll have to hear him talking about his new crush now!"

"Oh..."

I don't know what to say. I'm stupid with love. I can really help someone with that if I can't even help myself. Math is easier than love. Yep, I'm smart with math but stupid with love.

But anyway! I have to try something to comfort him.

"Did he... did he tell you who it was?" I ask. She shakes his head. "You should ask him about it and tell me. Then we'll figure out something together." I shouldn't get myself in something like this. Love isn't my thing...

"Mhm... yeah I'll see but now can I ask you something?"

"You just did."

He chuckles and rolls his eyes. "You know what I mean!"

"Yeah I do now ask your question."

"That boy who was there..." Oh fuck. I can see the shit coming. "...are you two dating or something?" He asks. I'm the one who is blushing now.

"No! Even if I'd like to, I'm not dating Evan." We both look at each other. "I guess it's something else we have in common" I say trying to lighten the mood. I know it's useless but still.

"Yeah..."

There's a long silence until he speaks again. "Also I wanted to ask you if you can help me and Jeremy to clean the basement this weekend..." Oh yeah that basement thing.

"Sure!" Maybe I could help those two being less oblivious.

"Awesome!" 

~•~

After dinner I go back to my room. I plop on my bed and reach for my laptop. Guess I'm gonna do like every other nights and read gay stuffs or watch videos on YouTube.

Word count: 1154

A/n: I'm sorry this is short. School is starting again Monday (I'm already dying) so the updates will be even slower than before. I'm really sorry. I hope you still enjoy this fanfic.

Have a nice day/night!

Buh-bi!!!