Part The Fifth

Summary
In which a kiss is shared and Sera is late again

Part The Fifth

They fell asleep there. Scarlett eventually found her way off the bed, because when she woke up, Sera felt a soft lump next to her leg, but there was clearly no longer a Zoie in her lap. With a groan, Sera stood up and walked out of the room, searching for Zoie. Eventually, she made it onto the main staircase, where she found that the Canvas was covered with a silk sheet. Sera was just about to pull up the cloth when a paint knife flashed past her face and stuck into the wall next to her.

"Hey! Don't look under there! It's not finished!" Zoie said from the bottom of the stairs.

Sera shook herself awake, and then looked from the steel paint knife, to Zoie, who was standing at the bottom of the stairs wearing grey sweatpants and a black sports bra.

"What the fuck, Zo'?" She asked, leaning on the banister.

"Sorry, Sera, but I can't let you see that yet. It's very important that you not see it until I'm done." Zoie replied

"What time is it, Zo?"

"Um.... Good question."

"Shit! I have to go get my phone."

When she finally got upstairs and dug her phone out of her jean pocket, the digital clock read 12:07 PM.

"Fuck." Sera muttered to herself, throwing her head back.

After a moment, Sera shook her head and started throwing on her clothes.

Several minutes later, Zoie was leaning against the bottom banister, chewing on her hair, when Sera flew down the stairs, and towards the door.

"Wait! Sera!" Zoie shouted, pushing off the stairs.

"Zoie, I really have to go, I have to go right now." Sera replied

Zoie rolled her eyes, jogged over to Sera, pushed her against the door and kissed her. Their kiss lasted for several seconds, and when they separated, Sera had to catch her breath, and started to go in for a second, but Zoie shook her head, saying "you need to go, remember?"

"Right, um.... Later, I'll text you, I promise. I... Later." Sera replied