X- Coming home

Fang's pov

I gazed at the stars outside my brother's spaceship on the way back to earth.

"Captain.. How much longer?"
I asked, writing something on my notebook.

"Hm.. just 15 more minutes, Pang."

I nodded, not taking my eyes off on what I was jotting down.

'On the way back to earth.
Has anything changed while I was gone? I wonder...'

What should I say to them?
After all the years I've been away.. 'Hey'? 'Hi'? 'Yo'?

I cant recall the way I used to be. Everything is... blurry.
--Like a faded memory.

***

Ryun's pov

I slapped my cheeks with both hands, and Yaya looked at me, horrified and somewhat surprised? My cheeks were glowing red.

"A-are you okay, Ryun?"

My expression remained still. "Who did you say was going to visit?"

"Fang." Boboiboy hit my head.
"Ack!" "And stop being dramatic, will ya?" Gopal just nodded as if he was an expert who criticized Boboiboy's statement.

"Fine." I brushed my fingers through my hair; glancing at Yaya who was busy with her own thoughts.

"This.. 'Fang' guy.. whats he like?"

Everyone seemed to freeze at my question.

"Well, uh.." Boboiboy starts out: "Arrogant." Gopal and Yaya laughed at the description.

"He looovvvvveeeeessss red carrot donuts." Yaya added.

"And he's an alien!" Gopal winked.

"Why am i not surprised?" I squinted my eyes.

"Because youve been surrounded by superheroes for the past few years?" We all agreed in unison.

"You'll know it when you see him." Says B, and I felt like an outcast for a second there.
Sometimes I doubt if Im really a part of their group.

Nevertheless, they accepted me for who I am.
Was it the same for you.. Fang?

***

Ying's pov

"Eheheehe.... ehe...."
A creepy smile couldnt be wiped off my face. Tina rolled her eyes.

"So youre leaving me now?"

I shook my head. "No way! Its just a vacation, I swear."

She gave off a warm grin.
"Yeah, yeah.."

Its been a day after I called boboiboy. He told me to visit them back in malaysia.

Its a long story; but the thing is, I have no idea why I couldnt say no.

-FLASHBACK-

Boboiboy: please? Ying?

Ying: do you understand what you're saying? I need to ride a plane all the way to Malaysia! It costs more than you think!

Boboiboy: have you forgotten about your powers?

Ying: *realizes* oh..

Boboiboy: Ying we need you here. Even if you stay for just a week!

Ying: Boboiboy...

Boboiboy: Its just that.. you left us so quickly that we never got to say the things we wanted to say to you. Give us a chance, please.

-FLASHBACK END-

"Well? Did your parents agree? Wait, let me rephrase that. Did your mom agree?" Tina says, snapping her fingers in front of my face.

"Yeah." I confidently reply, though I had a bit of trouble making my mom say yes.

"But she was all like 'BACK TO MALAYSIA WITH YOUR POWERS? YOU MUST BE INSANE! YOU HAVENT EVEN USED THEM FOR A LONG TIME WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO YOU? IDBEWORRIEDSICKANDWHOKNOWSWHEREYOUWOULDEVENBE and blah blah blah~" I laughed, and Tina joined in.
Mom could be overprotective sometimes. ...okay, fine, most of the time.

But she said yes! And thats what matters doesnt it?

"Hm. Go now before I cry." She smiled, and I hugged her one last time before using my power watch to get all the way to the place of my childhood.
Pulau Rintis, here I come.

***

FFSSSHHHHHHHWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW---

The air is nice and cold.
I tilt my head around while running and enjoying the view of my surroundings in slow-mo.

The feel of the warm ocean was embracing my bare feet as I seemed to have 'walked on water'.

Ahh~ this feels good.

PSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH---

***

"Ha... hah... ah...." I walk slowly towards the shore. Land! Finally! I was exhausted and energy-drained. I completely forgot that my powers had limits, but I got in Malaysia just in time for crying out loud!!!

"WWOOOHHHH!" I screamed out in delight; having landed on a white-sand beach. I drop on the rough pile of sand and let out a huuuggggeeeee sigh.

'This shouldnt be far from Pulau Rintis." I thought to myself, gazing at the sun which was now setting. How beautiful. Just then, I thought about someone just as dazzling. Yaya.

Has she been well without me? Maybe even better, who knows? I didnt miss her for the longest time and now I suddenly do.

What is this feeling?

***

Yaya's pov

A tingly sensation buzzed through my bones and I shivered. "Are you okay?" I turned around, seeing that I had caught Boboiboy's attention.

"Ah.. y-yes." As much as I wanted to give a decent answer, remembering what I did simply made my face go red and my words stutter.

He placed two hands behind his head for support and looked up at the orange-tinted sky. How marvelous it looked today. "Isnt it pretty?" He asks, and I answer yes. The color matched his outfit.

I realized how slow this day went by; aside from the other days we've all spent side by side without the arguing duo-- Fang and Ying.

Remembering how they were verbally brutal made me smile. Could they have changed these past few years? Have I changed? Has anything changed?

I never wanted things to change. It was one of the things I feared most. It was like death, chasing after you in your most vulnerable moments. --Maybe that's why.

I glance at Gopal and Ryun who were sitting peacefully by the corner, playing poker. "Aw man!" Gopal complains, having lost to our green- haired comrade; making me smile as Gopal continued to make faces.

Gopal hasnt changed. Atleast I know that something in my life still stayed the same.

But then, the more I get terrified of the time things do change. --Clinging so desperately unto the past; Fearing the mysterious shadow of what is about to come.

That's who I am.

***

((Third person's POV))

"We've arrived." A cold and somewhat robotic voice alerted the alien in deep slumber.

He groaned, for he had just fallen asleep.

"Oh...Great.."

_________________________________