Part one

"Brie! Get up, you're going to be late for training!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

My eyes fluttered open just to see tiny rays of sunlight peaking through the gaps in between my curtains. I could smell the bacon being cooked downstairs so I quickly got out of bed heading for the restroom. It was the first day of summer break; to many that meant freedom and relaxation. To me, well that meant summer training started. Don't get me wrong, I loved summer training. Not only did it keep me busy all summer long but I also enjoyed watching my body get stronger and faster.

You see, I've always loved soccer, ever since I was a little girl. My dad was a very skilled soccer player when he was younger so I'm guessing that's where my love for the sport comes from.

As I was drying my face I heard my phone buzz. It was Gelo:

"Morning Brie, we're picking you up in 10 minutes. You better be ready! 💪"

"Honk when you're outside" I quickly replied.

I rushed out of the bathroom and into my closet and began to rummage through my work out gear. I ended up wearing burgundy Gymshark leggings with a white cropped tee and my Adidas running shoes. I left my room and started heading downstairs for the kitchen as I was putting my hair in a high ponytail.

"Morning mom, where's Danny?" I questioned

"Good morning sweetie, your brother had to take off to work earlier today. Do you want some eggs and bacon?" She replied.

"Sorry ma, the guys are on their way to pick me up for training and I don't want to have a heavy meal right before a work out. It smells amazing though." I offered.

I heard a honk outside and started heading for the door, I did not want to keep them waiting again.

"I'll see you later ma!" I shouted
"Brie, wait!" My mom called after me.
When I turned around she was walking towards me with a gallon of water, a couple oranges and a banana in a bag, as well as a strip of crispy bacon in her hand.

"Eat this on the way. Tell the boys I said hi and have a wonderful day. I have a busy day at the clinic today but I'll see you tonight for dinner."
With that she gave me a quick kiss on my forehead and sent me out the door.

"Get in loser!" Melo shouted.

I rushed into Lonzo's G-wagon and smacked Melo's arm as soon as i got in.

"Morning guys, my mom said hi." I said as I secured my seatbelt.

"Did she also tell you to share that bacon? Cause it smells amazing!" Lonzo joked.

"No she didn't, but you guys can have some fruit." I giggled.

We all shared the fruit my mom had packed for me on our way to the gym. My family has been great friends with the Ball family ever since we moved to Chino Hills 10 years ago. My brother and I were super close to the Ball brothers. Danny and Lonzo were the same age and I was a few months younger than Gelo. Danny and I would play basketball with the Ball boys often and they attempted to play soccer with us but gave up when they realized how bad they were lol.

"It sucks that Danny isn't coming to summer training with us this year." Gelo said.

"Ugh I know, it's not going to be the same without him but he really wanted that job at the law firm; and it gives him some experience in his field of interest before he heads off to college." I replied missing my brother.

"We're here." Lonzo announced.

We all stepped out of the car and headed for the entrance of the gym. I could see our trainer standing by the front desk waiting for us.