Part Seventeen

**** GELO'S POV ***

"C'mon Gelo! Wake up, you're going to be late for school" My mom said.

I opened my eyes just as she was opening the curtains and was instantly blinded by the bright lights. I groaned and turned over, bringing the blankets up past my head. 

"No no no! None of that! C'mon get in the shower, your dad is already making breakfast!" She insisted and then pulled all the blankets off the bed. 

I had no choice but to get up. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and sat on the edge. I picked up my phone from the nightstand and unplugged the charger. I had a few unread messages, some of them belonging to Izzy and another one from Brie.

Brie's read: @6:27am  - "Good morning sleepy head! send me yours and Melo's Starbucks order and meet me at the commons when you get to school!" 

I smiled at her text. She's just so sweet and thoughtful. We hadn't hung out since last time I went to her house which was almost two weeks ago but we had started texting almost daily again. I closed the message and decided to reply after I got out of the shower so I could ask Melo if he wanted anything. Then I clicked on Izzy's texts which read: 

@11:36pm -  "I just don't understand why it's so hard for you to stop talking to her."

@11:53pm  -  "You know what, fine. Talk to her all you want just don't come at me with some bullshit if I do the same to you." 

@1:18am  -  "I care a lot about you Gelo.. I don't know what else I have to do for you to let go of Brielle. I'm your girlfriend and I'm not going to be the joke of the school. You have me looking like a dumbass every time someone runs over to me to tell me they saw you with her. This honestly has to stop because idk for how much longer I can put up with this. And don't worry about picking me up in the morning, I'll drive myself to school."

"Fuck" I thought. 

It's way too early to deal with this shit man. Izzy hasn't stopped bothering me about being friends with Brielle again. What she doesn't understand is that Brie is super respectful of our relationship. She has never spoke ill of Izzy or our relationship and has always told me she supports my decisions and just wants to see me happy if there has ever been any flirting, I've always been the one to initiate it. The thing is that I haven't been happy and honestly, I don't know for how much longer I can keep doing this either. I really think I've gave it my best shot and did everything I could to fall in love with Izzy but Brie has always and will always have a special place in my heart. 

I finished reading the rest of my texts before I jumped in the shower, most were from the groupchat that Melo and I had with Zo. My shower was fairly quick since I woke up almost 15 minutes late this morning. I finished getting ready 15 minutes after I got out of the shower and then went downstairs to grab something to eat before we left to school.

Melo was already sitting at the kitchen island eating some pancakes and eggs. 

"Yo Brie offered to buy us a drink from Starbucks. You want anything?" I asked my brother. 

"Umm do they sell OJ at Starbucks?" He inquired. - Sarcastically I'm hoping

"Probably not but either way I'm not gonna make Brie buy you Starbucks priced OJ. So do you want anything else or not?" I replied 

"Ummm nah, I'm good. Tell her thanks though." he answered. 

I proceeded to text Brie my order- a grande vanilla bean frap. What can I say, I'm a simple man! Melo and I finished our breakfast and left for school shortly after.