Conversation

(A/N) this chapter is called 'conversation' because the majority of it will be short conversations or clips of conversations

After school 

~~~

"Hey, so what are your plans tonight? The rest of the girls and I are going to the mall and wanted to know if you would join us." a girl I think was named Uraraka asked.

"Uh, well,"  I glanced over to Tokoyami.

"Oh, I see. You have a date with Tokoyami, right?" she said in a sweet, but knowing, tone.

At the mention of his name, Tokoyami walked over and chimed in.

"Not anything of the sort. We're studying for the test."

"Oh, and that reminds me, here's the study plan. Feel free to make any changes you see fit."

"Right." He grabbed the paper from my hand and took a few minutes to read over it. While he did so, Uraraka shot me a glance, searching for confirmation. I simply nodded in response.

"This seems like a solid plan. It doesn't look like we need to change anything. Grab your bag. The sooner we leave, the more studying we can do. We're still going to my house?" he questioned casually.

"U-uh, yeah. Let's go." I said, grabbing my bag. "Maybe next time, okay? It's Uraraka, right?"

"Yup! Have fun!" Uraraka said, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Oh, shut up!"

"I didn't say anything." Tokoyami said in a confuzzled tone

"Not you." I reply in a sweet voice, smiling softly.

Time skip

~~~

Tokoyami's POV

"I'll give you a minute to get set up," I told her as we walked into my room, "Would you like some water?"

"Sure, thanks!"

By the time I came back up with our water she had already finished setting up for the both of us. She had our textbooks open to the correct page and had started comparing our notes. I stood in the doorway and chuckled softly to myself. At that, she looked up.

"Hey, hurry up and get in here. Weren't you the one who said 'the sooner we leave, the more studying we can do'?" she hummed.

"U-um, yeah. Sorry, here's your water" I say, blushing and handing her a glass as I sit down beside her.

After a while, we got to talking about random things. She asked me if I was going to be more of a rescue hero or a combat hero.

"Well, I haven't really thought about it. My quirk is more suited to combat, but ,of course, if my quirk runs out, I alone am fairly weak. So, I guess I'll just have to cross that bridge when I get to it." I replied "What about you?"

"I'm not really sure. Unlike you, I don't know whether my quirk is better suited to one or the other."

"Well, in that case, it looks like we'll both be crossing that bridge when we get to it. Now, we've only got a few more problems so let's continue." 

Yeah, just keep working. Push these thoughts about her out of your mind. Even if you did act, she probably wouldn't feel the same. I find myself suddenly lot in thought. When she asked what was wrong, I was immediately flustered.

Your POV

He looks so flustered, but, it's kind of cute. NO! You know he doesn't feel the same, so pull it together and focus on your studies.

Without knowing, I let out a long sigh.

"Is something wrong? Do you need a break?"

So...caring. Could he feel the same? I just have to wait a bit to see how he acts. Then I'll know if I should tell him. This is all so confuzzling!

"Hello? (Y/n)?"

"Huh?! O-oh, no. I'm fine. Where were we?"

Nice going, (Y/n). Ughhhhhhh!

"Hey, what time is it?" 

"8:30, why?"

"Ughh, I have to go in fifteen minutes. I have to meet my cousin at the train station"

"I see. I guess you should start packing up."

And with that, I started packing my things.

"Uh, hey (Y/n), before you go, would you like to go out with me sometime? It's fine if you don't wan-"

"I'd love to!"

"A-are you sure? We've only known each other for three days, I mean-"

"Nope! I'm sure."

"O-oka-okay then. Saturday?" 

"Sure. My cousin leaves that morning, so any time after 9:30 a.m."

I left, saying a quick goodbye to Mr. Tokoyami. And ran to the train station, knowing my cousin was supposed to arrive in ten minutes. When my cousin and I got to my house, I showed him his room, and got started on dinner,

(A/N) I forgot to mention that you live alone since your parents weren't great. You got yourself emancipated this year since you were finally old enough to petition to have the papers signed.

Over dinner, we discussed my schooling and I told him about Tokoyami. He looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Do you happen to have a boyfriend after just three days, lil' cousin?" he hummed. I blushed furiously.

"NO! But we are going out Saturday, after you leave."

"Mhm, not my boyfriend my ass" he smirked.

 I threw a carrot at him and he gasped dramatically.

"Oh, you're gonna pay for that." he snarled.

"Eek!" I squealed as I ran up the stairs into my room and locking the door.

"Oh, come now, (Y/n). That's not fair"

"Who said family was fair?" I questioned jokingly.

Time skip

~~~

I had come out by this point. We were sitting in the living room watching TV.

"(Y/n), you have to promise me you'll be careful. You're alone. You left your awful parents, which was good, but now you have to be more careful than ever."

"I promise."

(A/N) Hey! I hope that those of you still reading are enjoying this. This chapter was pretty pointless but he did ask you out on a 'date?' which happens to be the next chapter. I'm going to start working on the next chapter for you (and me) so I'll see you there.