Chapter 25 : Fire.

8:30 pm, Ginger Tree Hotel, Anjuna, Goa.

I blinked a few times and straightened myself, in order to ascertain if I was hallucinating or not.

Was I really that intoxicated that my mind was playing tricks on me?!

I moved slowly towards the petite figure standing a few steps away from me and finally stood facing her.

I extended my hand to touch her face, so as to once and for all clear up my suspicions and experienced a mix of ecstasy and confusion as I felt her soft and delicate skin under my palms.

"Nandini?" I asked questioningly, still unable to process what was before me.

I saw her expression soften for a split second before it was replaced by that of pure rage! The fire in her eyes brought me back to the present and I immediately withdrew my hand, and moved a few steps backwards.

Shit! She was actually here! What the fuck?!

"Tum yahan kya kar rahi ho? Have you lost it?" I asked, in a tone of mock anger.

"Really? Then tum mujhe bula kyun rahein the? Why the hell were you screaming my name? Huh?!" She asked gritting her teeth.

She seemed absolutely infuriated! I'd never seen her so angry before!

"I wasn't calling you! I was just trying to free myself from you! Throwing out all the unpleasant memories!" I shouted.

Why wasn't she just leaving? I couldn't keep up the pretense for much longer!

"Listen just get lost from here, okay..." I said, again in an annoyed voice.

"I'm not going anywhere before I get some answers, Manik Malhotra! So tell me, what alternative proof has your best buddy Cabir found against Nyonika? Huh?" She asked giving me a passive aggressive frosty smile.

What? Why did she want to know that?!

"That's none of your business!! Are you stupid? Even after listening to all those insults, you've come back here?!" I yelled.

"Yes, I am stupid! Stupid enough to believe the lies you told me! You won't tell me about the proof right, so I'll just call up Cabir and speak to him myself!" She snarled.

She rapidly covered the distance between us, and started frisking me, presumably looking for my phone.

Shit! I couldn't let her get her hands on it! Why was she being so rabid?!

"What the fuck are you doing?" I said menacingly catching hold of her hands.

She struggled to free herself from my grip, but I was too strong for her.

She paused for a few seconds, giving me a death stare. In a swift move she leaned forward and bit my hand causing me to withdraw and belch in pain!

She then continued to search me for my phone, and I immediately took my phone out of my pocket, and held it up in the air so that it would be out of her reach!

She started jumping to try and reach it and I was absolutely appalled at her determination!

What had gotten into her?!

She refused to give up and kept leaping up for it, when suddenly, she lost her balance.

She was about to fall face first on the floor, but I held her hand at the last minute to prevent her from slipping.

"Kya kar rahi ho? Lag Jayegi tumhe!" I exclaimed, unable to hide my concern.

As her eyes met mine, all I could see was immense pain and hurt in them!