Chapter 27 : Post-Coital Determination

9:00 am, Ginger Tree Hotel, Anjuna, Goa.

I opened my eyes when I felt a slight tickling sensation on my face, due to the hair strands that were falling on it. The first thing I saw was a delightful grin on Manik's face, as he observed me waking up from my slumber. He slowly tucked the loose strands of hair behind my ear and continued to watch me intently.

It took me a few seconds to realize where I was, since I was still groggy. However, when I remembered the events of the previous night, a smile made its way to my face almost involuntarily.

It had been so beautiful...

I thought that the first time was supposed to hurt, but Manik hadn't let me feel even an ounce of pain. Despite his towering form, he had been so gentle and loving in the act...

And here I was in his arms, which seemed like a haven for me...

I was brought out of my sweet reverie when Manik said. "Good Morning, sleepy head..."

"Good Morning..." I responded as I rubbed my eyes.

Wait! Did he say 'sleepy head'?! Had I really been sleeping for that long?!

"Manik, what time is it?" I asked, curiously.

"Relax. It's just 9:00 am." He said in a calm voice.

Nine 'o' clock? I had slept for nearly ten hours yet again! What the hell was wrong with me?!

Ugh! Why didn't this boy ever wake me up?! It was his fault that I was oversleeping anyway! His arms were too cozy and soporific!

"Manik, how long have you been awake? Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked in an annoyed voice.

"Relax, Nandini...it's not like you have to go to work or anything. I've been up for about an hour or so..." He said, with a slight laugh.

"An hour?! What were you doing?" I asked.

"I was just watching you sleep...you look like a cute little angel in repose..." He said with a wink.

His statement immediately made me blush and look away from his gaze. When I looked down, that's when I realized that my bare chest was in contact with his, and there wasn't a stitch of cloth between us. This made my face turn a deeper shade of scarlet.

"Besides, I wanted to make sure last night was real..." He said, in a slightly serious voice as he pulled me closer to himself, and tightened his hold around me.

His statement made me forget my bashfulness and look up at him once more.

"What do you mean, Manik?" I asked in a slightly puzzled voice.

"I was scared, Nandini...I was scared that I would wake up and not find you next to me...I was scared that maybe-it had all been a dream..." He said, grimly.

His fears broke my heart all over again! It was natural for him to be frightened of losing people after what he had gone through in the last few days...

I gradually moved closer to his face and planted a soft peck on his cheek.

"You don't have to be scared anymore, Manik...I won't ever leave you!" I said, as I stroked his face tenderly.

I then proceeded to keep my head on his chest once more.

I listened to the sound of his heart beating rhythmically in his chest.

After a few moments, I said. "Manik, I'm listening to your heartbeat and realized ki music tumhare life mein itna integral kyun hai..."

He whispered into my ears slowly, in slight amusement. "Accha...kyun?"