Ch 2: The Accident

In a cozy little nook of central's city's many apartments and lofts lived a woman with fair white skin, pale blue eyes, a button nose, soft lips, and slightly curled chestnut brown hair. This woman's name was Clarity Springs and even though she didn't know it yet this was the night her life would change forever.

"That's an understatement..." Clarity muttered as she hugged herself. Squeezing a fluffy pillow to her chest. She didn't want to watch this. She didn't want to relive the worst moment of her life. The worst days...her friends would never look at her the same way again.

"Uh, yo hold up Gideon is this thing gonna show all of us gettin hit with the accelerator?" Jax asked wincing rubbing at his leg. Feeling a ghost of the pain he once felt that night just thinking about it.

"I am afraid all the footage received from Mr. Allen is limited to Clarity specifically." Gideon answered.

"Oh thank god." Stein breathed.

"Stein." Snart kicked him lightly, a violent nudge nodding at Clarity who'd lowered her face miserably into her pillow.

"Ah, I see." Stein frowned. "Apologies, my dear girl. Obviously I wish we could skip past yours as well, but Mr. Allen's instructions were quite specific."

"If only there was a way to hack into the video make it read as if this was already watched." Ray frowned munching on a piece of popcorn.

"Mr. Allen has had years to enact this revenge scheme. It is more than likely that he has already thought of everything that we could try." Rip frowned.

Currently Clarity was sat at her desk working on a circuit board. She had already changed out of her work clothes and into a pair of comfy pajama's for the night. She wore soft royal blue sweat pants, an equally soft gray koala shirt and matching koala slippers to keep her feet nice and toasty as she worked. She had her hair drawn back into a high pony to keep her hair out of her face. She also wore a pair of blue rectangular glasses and a silver circuit board pendant in the shape of a heart.

"Well, doesn't some just look cuddly and adorable

"Well, doesn't some just look cuddly and adorable." Sara noted, a small attempt to get a smile out of Clarity, but it didn't work. A tiny frown permanently etched onto her face.

"You seem pretty focused." Ray noticed. "What are you working on?"

"Oh, Uh, A circuit board. It went to an experimental laptop. It was supposed to work faster than the average, hold more battery life, but the laptop was glitchy so I was trying to fix it, get out the kinks."

In front of her lay a dismantled computer a top the wooden desktop. The surface's space was cluttered with dissembled parts and wires. The machine in question was stripped down to nothing, but it's exposed blue circuit board. Her pale blue eyes were intently focused on the piece of technology as she nudged a few pieces around with some silver pliers the size of tweezers. In fact, she was so fixated on her task that she barely noticed the storm that was raging outside her cozy little apartment. The sound of the rain splattering against the window panes was all but forgotten to her as she tinkered with the circuit board completely tuned in to what she was doing.