Ch 1: Paybacks a Glitch

"Whoever set off that alarm must really want to die." Sara yawned, a knife in her hand.

"Wasn't me." Clarity murmured sleepily fuzzy bunny slippers padding against the cool metal floors of the waverider everyone migrating to the bridge.

"It appears Gideon intercepted a message of some kind. It triggered her emergency alert protocols." Rip answered.

"It's too early for this." Mick objected reporting to the bridge in nothing but his robe. Everyone thankful he'd at least put that on.

"Tell me about it man, I haven't been up this early since the night I crammed for my English midterm junior year." Jax rubbed at his eyes.

"I concur," Stein agreed, "This is most irregular, will someone please shut that alarm off?"

"We're trying." Ray replied leaning against the console still half asleep.

Rip tiredly tapped at some buttons on the screen. "Gideon appears to be misbehaving. The message may have contained a virus."

"You damn computer it's 3 am!!" Mick exclaimed in outrage. "Knock it off!"

"Easy, Mick settle down. I'm sure Gideon has a very good reason for waking us all up." Snart soothed his partner.

"She better." Todd yawned as he stretched. "My beauty sleeps being interrupted."

Clarity swiped a hand on the console and patted it fondly. "Giddy, be a good girl yeah?"

Finally the alarm shut off as all the legends were on the bridge now.

"Ah, finally Gideon," Rip sighed. "Please tell me there is a good reason to why the alarms were triggered."

"Indeed, there is Captain Hunter. I've intercepted a message from Barry Allen of 2046. I was instructed to wake you all up in this way."

"I'm gonna fry that damned speedster." Mick grumbled.

"Not if I ice him first." Snart replied.

"What does Mr. Allen want now?" Rip questioned rubbing at his eyes. God he was tired, had Barry screwed up the timeline yet again?

"Payback." Gideon answered.

"Payback?" Sara echoed in confusion. "For what?"

"You all remember when you were trying to teach Mr. Allen not screw with time? After viewing all of these events Mr. Allen has decided that you all need to learn the very same lesson."

"And how are we supposed to do that?" Jax asked.

"By watching Claritys origins of course."

"We have to what!?" Clarity exclaimed eyes widening in alarm. That woke her up.

"No way, that's so intrusive." Ray protested with a shake of his head.

"I agree we are not digging into a teammates life just so Mr. Allen can try to even some ridiculous score." Stein agreed.

"He thought you might refuse. Which is why the ship will be deadlocked in the void between time and the speedforce until you finish watching." Gideon informed the team.

"He can't lock us in here!" Rip protested.

"He has already, Captain." Gideon replied.

"Gideon, we can't just invade Claritys past like that. That's so unfair why her?" Jax complained.

"After viewing our escapades last year Mr. Allen felt that Miss Springs was going under appreciated. Apparently." Rip sighed as he read the instructions. "It seems he wants us to gain a new understanding as it were."

"My creators orders were very clear." Gideon replied a certain finality in her voice. "I'll be displaying the events in the parlour."

"No, no we are not watching this!" Clarity exclaimed. "Gideon, as your other creator I am ordering you to-"

"Apologies Clarity, but this command cannot be overridden. Mr. Allen has seniority due to the age that this was sent at." Gideon replied.

Clarity put her head in her hands.

"Hey, look it's all going to be alright." Sara put a hand on Clarity's shoulder. "None of us are going think of you any different, okay? We should be making the most of this. Team slumber party, all we need is some booze and some popcorn, and uh, some chocolate covered strawberries?" Sara rubbed her hand on her arm. Giving Clarity a squeeze.

Clarity's lips quirked upwards. "Seeing as though there's no other way out of this a sleepover might be fun and I do love strawberries..."

"You heard the girl, boys you get the snacks, Clarity and I'll make the parlour comfy. Let's hop to it."

Soon after all the legends were crowding around in the parlor with blankets, pillows and beanbag chairs. They all weren't excited about prying into a teammates past but given no other alternatives it seemed as if they'd have to.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Alright guys are you excited? Tell me in the comments!!!