Chapter 3

Alice excused herself and went into the kitchen. She couldn't stand anymore at what FP was saying. The man she loved for the past decades was at her table talking like that about her. It somehow made her smile, bug just for a short second because the pain flooded in immediately. Alice almost burst in tears, but she put herself together and went back into the kitchen.

For the rest of the night she tried to avoid any conversation her daughter tried to get her into. When finally their guests left and Alice cleaned the kitchen she went to her and Hal's bedroom. She was scared to go there after the discussions that night, but she had to. So Alice slowly opened the door hoping Hal was asleep, but he wasn't. He was sitting on the edge of the bed, his look full of anger. "What the hell was that at dinner?" He asked on a low, but serious voice because he didn't wanted Betty to hear him.

"What are you talking about?" Alice tried to play dumb, but Hal knew she knew.

"Alice, tell me why the hell did that scum talked like that about you? Are you cheating on me with him?" Hal said getting up. He came closer to Alice until her back hit the wall and she was looking up at him.

"No, I'm not." Alice said in a small voice. She was scared about Hal and that wasn't something the real Alice would feel, but along the years he became more and more abusive.

"Perfect. Because he had you in highschool, but you're mine now." Hal said gripping her wrist.

"Hal, you're hurting me." Alice hated the way he'd dominate her every time he wanted. After more seconds of thinking Hal let her hands go. Alice without wanting sat on the bed next to him. He didn't wrapped his arms around her the way FP used to, he didn't showed her love. After all those years the pain Alice felt the night he ended their relationship was still there, it didn't faded. Alice just got used to it. If it wasn't for the girls Alice didn't knew what she'd do.

For FP wasn't easy either. His wife left with his daughter. All FP had left was his son so he hold onto that. He was working at Pop's and taking care of his son and the Serpents. At the end of the day all he had so that. He didn't have Alice anymore, he couldn't hold her at night, make her feel safe the way he did in highschool. FP hated himself all those years for leaving her and it got even worse when a serial killer made history in Riverdale.

He was called himself the Black Hood. He was targeting sinner and even killed innocent people like Midge and shot Moose. When it was finally revealed who the Black Hood was it was done in a big way.

Betty came home one night and told her mother that they must leave before her father sees them. Alice was confused, she wanted to follow her daughter, but they didn't because Hal entered the living room. "Your father had this idea of watching some old family records."

Hal and Alice sat on the couch, Betty was next to them on an armchair. She was scared of her father after what she found out. The tape started and they saw a little kid on the image. His mother was talking about the murder of the Conways years ago. "Hal, is that you?" Alice asked looking at her husband.

"Yes." He answered plain and simple.

"Your father murdered that poor family."

"They were sinners Alice and sinners have to die." Hal got up and Alice followed right behind.

"You sound just like-" Alice tried to say, but Hal cut her off.

"The Black Hood. That's because I am him. I killed all those people and you two are next." Hal took out a gun and pointed in Alice's direction with it.

"Betty, run." Alice said not moving a muscle. She was scared. Not that Hal would hurt her, she was scared for Betty. Alice heard the police cars coming. Hal didn't waisted a second. Before Sheriff Keller entered the house he pulled the trigger and shot Alice on her stomach. She fell down on the floor and Betty ran straight to her mother.

"Mom, mom! Oh my god." Tears were falling down her eyes. Alice lifted her hand and touched Betty's cheek.

"I lo..." Alice didn't finished what she wanted to say, her eyes closed.

"We need to take her to the hospital, now!" Tom Keller ordered and they took Alice to the hospital. The second they arrived she entered on surgery. Betty couldn't believe what happened, she couldn't loose her mother.