Chapter 10

When they arrived home Betty wanted to ask her mother something before Alice headed upstairs so she did. "Mom, how come you came to the party?"

"What do you mean Betty?" Alice asked a little confused and then she remembered all the ways Hal trashed the Southside and every person in it. "Oh, the newspaper. Betty I didn't wanted to do that, I actually refused to. Every word written there about the Southside was Hal. The people there aren't bad people." Alice gestured for Betty to sit on the couch.

"But why did you let him if you knew they are not bad people?" Betty asked looking her mother straight in the eyes.

"I tried once." Alice looked down at her hands.

"And what happened?" Betty asked curious.

"Hal, he um...got agresive." Alice remembered that night. The way he pulled Alice by her hair and threw her into the bed, the way a hit her. A tear rolled down Alice's cheek.

"I'm sorry mom." Betty wrapped her arms around her mother. Her crying stopped and she pulled back.

"We should go to bed, huh?" Alice smiled and Betty nodded so they both headed upstairs.

Alice changed in her pyjamas and sat on her bed, she pulled the covers over her and tried to sleep, but she couldn't.

It was almost midnight when FP heard his phone. He got a text from Alice asking if he was asleep. FP didn't even answer because in highschool usually when Alice texted him that it meant something was off. So FP exited the trailer and went to Alice not bothering not to make any noise because Jughead was over at Fred's with Archie, Fred's son.

FP arrived at Alice's clock and found the spare key exactly in the same spot Alice used to hid it when they were young. He went upstairs to Alice's room trying not to make any noise. "Ali..." FP whispered hoping he wouldn't wake her up if she fell asleep.

"FP, what are you doing here?" Alice got up from bed and went to FP. She wrapped her arms around him and closed the door.

"I thought that you might want me here." FP said referring to the text he got. "Everything ok?" He asked as they both sat on bed.

"Not really." Alice said looking tired.

"Well then let's get you to sleep." FP said and tucked Alice in bed. He laid next to her and half an hour later without wanting he tried to move to leave.

"You leaving?" Alice asked in a sleepy voice clenching onto FP.

"Not if you don't want me to." FP said and laid back next to Alice. He wrapped her arms around her. "I love you." FP whispered into her ear.

"Love you too hun." Alice yawned and drifted back to sleep. FP followed her not long after.

In the morning Alice woke FP up around six so he could sneak out without Betty seeing him. She led him to the door. "When will I see you again?" FP asked hoping the answer was that he didn't have to leave, but it was a little impossible at the time.

"Soon." Alice smiled and kissed him.

"Hey there love birds." Fred yelled from next door and FP and Alice parted.

"Well that's just nice." Alice rolled her eyes. "Will you talk to him please?" Alice asked FP.

"Of course." He chuckled. "What are your plans for today?"

"I think I'll pay Hermione a visit." Alice wanted to talk with her best friend about what happened lately.

"Have fun then." FP kissed her cheek and went next door where Fred was waiting with his arms crossed. "Well, you caught us." FP said causing Fred to laugh.

"I actually knew that would happen, I just didn't knew when you two idiots would realize this is the right thing." Fred laughed again.

"Ha ha, what about your right thing with Hermione, huh?" FP asked knowing about the fling Fred and Hermione had that summer.

"Honestly? I have no idea." Fred sighed. "She's with Hiram."

"And Alice was with Hal." FP pointed out.

"Yeah, but he is a serial killer." Fred raised his eyebrows.

"And what's that different about Hiram?" FP asked and they both laughed.

"Wanna come in?"

"Sure."

Alice made Betty breakfast and waited for Betty to leave for school. Then she went upstairs and dressed up on an outfit she likes not Hal. So Alice put on some jeans, a shirt and a jacket. She texted Hermione if she was up for a girl talk and when Alice got the answer she took her keys and headed to Pembrooke.