Chapter 63

"We met how I told you we did." FP was playing with his hands. He was going to tell the truth, but Alice was the one to decide if she believes him or not. "Because of her husband and I did help her with money and fun." FP sighed. "We used to hang out at the Wyrm, but all the time after two or three shots Jenna was drunk so I used to take her-"

"To the King's room." Alice finished for FP and he nodded his head. Alice's heartbeats fastened. It was the moment where everything could change, where FP could get in deep.

"We talked and talked and we ended up kissing a few times." FP said and saw Alice closing her eyes. He hated himself for putting her through that. "But after some time I decided to start my life and have a family and Gladys helped me. Since then I haven't seen Jenna until now."

"And these days, what happened exactly?" Alice asked and looked into FP's eyes which was hard for him because he saw the tears waiting to fall from Alice's and it was all on him.

"The time when she said it was an emergency we hang out and she told me that she, she has feelings for me." FP said and a tear rolled down Alice's cheek. He stood up and went to Alice. FP kneeled in front of her and wiped the tear away. "But I told her I love you."

"Still, you met with her the next day too." Alice said in a whisper and sighed.

"I did and I regret th-"

"How was it? How did it happen?" Alice asked about the kiss.

"We were at the speakeasy downstairs sitting at the counter. We were talking and before I realized she leaned in and kissed me. I stood up and left so I could tell you." FP placed a hand on Alice's knee and she sadly smiled.

"So you didn't want it?" Alice asked and FP shook his head.

"I'm sorry and I really hope you'll forgive me." FP said and Alice noticed that he was in verge of tears too.

"I do forgive you FP." Alice smiled at FP. "But it will take some time until everything is back to normal. Especially now that the kids know."

"They know?" FP asked and Alice nodded. "That's why none of them answered my calls except Betty."

"Yeah." Alice sighed. "It wasn't the best to tell them because now Jughead is angry and Charles is blaming himself for this, but they saw something was wrong and I wasn't going to lie to them. I didn't tell Jellybean though "

"Well I made this mess so now I clean it up. And thank you for not telling JB." FP shrugged his shoulders. "Aren't you tired?"

"Aren't you?" Alice chuckled. She knew both of them have been up.

"A little. Did you get any sleep?" FP asked and Alice shook her head. "The nightmares." He concluded. "I'm sorry it's all-"

"You should stop saying you're sorry." Alice laughed a little. "Now can we get some sleep?"

"Sure."

~ ~ ~

"Grandma, grandpa where's mom?" Betty asked when she, Charles and Jughead entered the kitchen. Fred offered to take Jellybean to school that morning because he wanted to see Hermione and it was on his way.

"At the trailer I think." Judith answered and Betty couldn't help but smiled a little. If Alice was there it meant she and FP were working things out.

"The worst idea ever." Jughead said and took an apple before leaving. After all these years when FP raised him on being a gentleman he goes out and kisses someone else while he's with Alice.

"He's right." Charles sighed. "Only if I wouldn't have-" Charles stopped when he heard the door opening. FP and Alice entered the house and Jughead rolled his eyes.

"Unbelievable." He said and got up from the couch.

"Son, Jug..." FP stopped when the door closed and Jughead was on the other side. "Charles-"

"Gotta go to work. See you all later." Charles said and left too.

"It's ok, they'll come around it." Alice assured FP with a smile. "Where's Jells?" Alice asked hoping that one of FP's kids would be happy to see him.

"At school." Betty answered with a smile. "I'm happy you two worked things out." Betty got closer to them and wrapped her arms around them.

"We are too." Alice smiled at her daughter.

"Thank you Betty." FP said and Betty gave him a confused look. She was the only one who welcomed him and it meant a lot. "You better go to school, huh?"

"I guess." Betty smiled before taking her backpack and leaving.

"They'll get over it soon FP." Roland said from the kitchen. "I'm glad you two did too."

"It was a little of a misunderstanding there and some truth fixed everything." Alice smiled at her parents. "You should probably get going FP. You have a shift just as Charles."

"Yeah, I should."