Chapter 90

Pop came at their table and they order. Alice kept her promise and got only a coffer as Gladys took a burger and Jellybean some fries and a milkshake. "Jellybean, do you still sing?" Gladys asked as she took a bite from her burger. Jellybean was surprised by the question knowing her mother never liked when she sung.

"Sometimes." Jellybean answered and this time she looked at her mother.

"Oh Jells, I forgot!" Alice smiled at her and she took Jellybean's hand after she placed the cup of coffee on the table. "This girl Vanessa, she sings too and she'd like to meet you sometime."

"Charles's girlfriend?" Jellybean asked with a smile plastered on her face.

"Yes, from what I understand she has a guitar too." Alice and Jellybean talked for a while and Gladys had nothing to do but look at them and laugh evert once in a while.

"Can we go home? I'm tired." Jellybean yawned and Alice looked over at Gladys who had nothing else to do, but nod her head and go with it.

"It was so good to see you honey!" Gladys told Jellybean as soon as they got into the parking lot. She kneeled down in front of her and this time Jellybean didn't step back when Gladys held her hands.

"It was good to see you too." Jellybean smiled a little before she hugged Gladys and got into the car. Gladys started walking away, but Alice gripped her arm and she turned around.

"What?" Gladys asked when she looked into Alice's eyes.

"I just wanted to warn you about this." Alice said on her most serious tone. "If you break this little girl's heart I'm gonna-"

"Hold your horses, would you?" Gladys asked and managed to get out of Alice's grip. "She's still my daughter."

"Don't say I didn't warn you." Alice shook her head before she got into the car and started to drive back home.

"Were you two fighting?" Jellybean asked when the car stopped in front of the house.

"No baby, we were just saying good night." Alice answered while they got out. She wasn't very keen on lying to Jellybean, but she couldn't tell her that she didn't trust her mother the slightest.

"How are my girls?" FP stood up from the couch when they entered. He winced in pain a little because he stood up too fast.

"Better than you." Jellybean said and walked over to her father to hug him. FP wrapped his arms around his little girl and kissed the top of her head. "I'm gonna go finish my homework then to bed, ok?" Jellybean looked at both FP and Alice who nodded. She walked upstairs and got into her room.

Alice smiled as she walked over to FP, then she remembered what she told him before she and Jellybean left. "I'm sorry for what I said."

"I'm sorry too, I should be more careful." FP admitted and placed a hand on her cheek.

"I missed you." Alice smiled feeling his touch.

"I missed you too." FP kissed Alice deeply and moved his hands down on her back until Alice stepped back. She knew what he had in mind.

"FP..." Alice raised her eyebrows and FP pouted like a child.

"You're mean." FP said and Alice looked at him offended.

"What did I do?" Alice asked biting her lower lip looking straight into FP's chocolate brown eyes.

"You're just being you." FP whispered in Alice's ear as he placed kisses all over her jawline and neck. "And I love you."

"I love you too babe." Alice said and cupped FP's cheeks.

"How much?" FP asked raising an eyebrow.

"The most." Alice smiled proud of her answer and for the fact that it was true.

"Then let's go for a walk." FP took Alice's hand and walked over to the door, but she stopped.

"FP, the doctor-"

"I promise I'm letting you drive, we don't have to walk." FP said and Alice smiled.

"Ok, let's go." Alice took his hand and led him to the car. "Where to?"

"Sweetwater River, and my truck please." FP smiled sweetly at Alice and she did so taking the keys from his hand. They got in the truck and the way there they listened to music. When they arrived FP took a blanket and placed it upon them.

"Is beautiful!" Alice said looking at the river and at the stars on the sky." She smiled and leaned more towards FP.

"Not more beautiful than you." FP smiled then put his hand on his pocket. He couldn't wait any longer. "Alice, can I ask you something?"

"Sure babe, what's up?" Alice asked and looked at him. She saw FP taking a little box out of his pocket. Her eyes grew wide at the same time with FP's eyes.

"FP..." Alice whispered as her eyes started watering.

"Ali, you're the most beautiful, kind, selfless person I've ever met." FP could fill the joy filling the air around them. "I lost you once and I'm not losing you again. I love you more than anything." A tear rolled down Alice's cheek and FP wiped it away with his thumb. "Will you marry me honey?"

"Oh FP!" Alice cupped his cheeks and gave him a soft, sweet kiss before she pulled back with a smile. "Of course I'll marry you."