f i v e

Me - Well that was weird ..
Jamie nodded and we continued to walk around. Hours passed and we rode every ride.
I look down at my phone to check the time. It was only 9:00 , and we had an hour left.

Jamie- We literally rode every ride, and we have a hour left, what are we going to do.

I shrugged.
Grayson comes from behind me
and scares the crap out of me.

Grayson- You guys co-
Me- AH! What the fu-

Grayson gives a small chuckle as literally catch my breath.
Me- Halloween is next month Grayson.
Grayson- Sorry...

I rolled my eyes.

Me- What do you want?
Jamie- Don't be rude.

I rolled my eyes again.

Grayson- I was just going to invite you to this party.
Me- Nah, were go-
Jamie- WE'D LOVE TO GO!

She nudges my arm and I just play along and fold my arms.

Grayson- Cool..um here's the address..
Me- We actually don-
Jamie immediately interrupted me.
Jamie- Uh, can we have a moment?
Grayson- Yeah um sur-
Jamie- Great thanks you just stay here..
She laughs awkwardly and walked towards the stop sign near as Grayson pulled out a cigarette.

Me- I don't even want to go to this stupid party..like what are you even doing. I say no, so let's go home. i
Jamie- I'm sure it will be fun.
Me- Yeah sure whatever.
Jamie- My god Carla stop acting like this..
Me- Jamie, do you know what happenes at a high school party?

Jamie looked down.
Jamie- Yeah but its Junior year and we literally haven't been to one...like ever...
Me- Okay and? Who cares?

Jamie's voice the turned into a whisper as she looked down and played with her jacket zipper of her leather jacket.

Jamie- I do ...
Me- What..why?
Jamie then mumbled something and I couldn't even hear.
Me- What..
She repeated.
Me-WHAT?
Jamie turned facing me and her face turned this red, she looked angry.

Jamie- BECAUSE WERE LOSERS CARLA. YOU COULD SAY THAT WE AREN'T BUT DEEP INSIDE YOU KNOW WE ARE. WE ARE LITERALLY THE SHADOWS AT SCHOOL. NOT EVEN THE CHESS CLUB NOTICES US. I'M SICK OF IT. THINK ABOUT IT WE NEVER GET INVITED TO ANY PARTIES. NOT EVEN MISSY'S AND YOU KNOW SHE IS LITERALLY THE MOST BULLIED GIRL AT SCHOOL. I JUST WANT TO DO AT LEAST SOMETHING COOL BEFORE OUR WHOLE LIVES WERE LOSERS. AND WHO EVEN MADE YOU IN CHARGE? OH NO CARLA SAYS NO AND NOW WE HAVE TO GO HOME? God, your so lame. Your scared of a little alcohol, boys, and anything in between. I'm going to the party and getting drunk for the first time and hopefully find some friends who aren't afraid of fun, with, or without you.

I stood in shock. I never knew she felt like that. I nodded in agreement just to prove that I can have some fun.
Jamie- Look i'm sorry about wha-
Me- No your um, your right..I'm not in charge of you-
Jamie- Let's not make it more awkward..
Me- Okay but can we not go with Grayson in fact can we avoid him..?
Jamie- Why? He'll totally get us noticed by people no way!
Me- I um..erm..okay, I guess..

I didn't want to tell Jamie about the drugs I mean it's not my job to tell people. Although he does need help.

We started walking back and Grayson's face was red. I guess he heard everything.
Jamie laughed.
Jamie- I'm guessing you heard everything...
He puts his hands in his pockets and nods while smiling.
Grayson- Uh, anyway you guys want me to drive you there?
Me- Actually we have our ow-
Jamie- YES!

I rolled my eyes and got in the back of his car while Jamie sat in the front.
We drove off and as Grayson kept driving he'd look in the inside rear view mirror. He would stare and grin at me and it really made me uncomfortable. I'm siting in the back of some jerky -popular -drug addict's car! And that's when it hit me. The drugs. The pills. Where did he put them? I started to look around anxiously but trying not to cause so much attention. I grabbed out my phone and opened the flashlight. I started to look at my feet for it.
Grayson looked back suspiciously. He glared at me in conclusion.

Grayson- What happened..?
I shot up scared. My heart racing I tried to come up with the quickest lie.
Me- OH! Um, my earring it um, dropped...

Grayson shrugged and looked back to the road.
I sighed in relief. I continue looking and right under Jamie's foot was the bottle. Right next to it was this translucent plastic bag with green stuff in it. Weed. The pills. The drugs. OH GOD! IF WE GET PULLED OVER I CAN GO TO JAIL. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. My brain was screaming. My heart was racing. My palms were sweating. My shirt drenching in sweat. All I could think about was Jamie and I behind bars.
Grayson- Okay were he-

I ran out the car and ran in the house. I wanted to get out of that car. I wanted to get away from him. I walked to the couch and sat down trying to calm down.
Jamie ran after me.

Jamie- CARLA! Hey, you okay?
I nodded.
Jamie- Okay, well I'm going to go grab a drink and maybe meet a guy.

She smirked as I gave hers weak smile trying to cover up how I really was feeling.

Me- Have fun, I'm going to stay here, uh, maybe we can get an uber home this time?
Jamie- My god Carla, what's wrong with Grayson. I mean he's hot and rich.

And a drug addict. ONLY YOU WOULDN'T KNOW THAT JAMIE BEC-

Jamie- Whatever, I'm not going to start and argument. K, bye.