Chapter 3. New Employees

Third Person POV

It's been 2 weeks since Katsuki, Denki and Eijiro first came to the Kaneshon Valley cafe. Katsuki has visited everyday, either with Denki and Eijiro, or by himself. He always comes right before the cafe closes, so he can sit there in peace, and talk with Izuku and Shiki, but mostly with Izuku. That doesn't bother Shiki, he's just happy to see Izuku laughing. Katsuki, and the other two, have become close friends with the cafe owners. So close that they use their first names, and have talked about personal things.

(Flashback)

"So Shiki, why do you call Izuku Izu, and why does Izuku call you Shi-chan?", was the first question Denki asked Shiki.

"Well, we have been best friends since middle school, and Izu started to call me Shi-chan. So I called him Izu after that."

"That's so manly!", Eijiro added.

(End of flashback)

It's Friday evening, and the 5 of them are sitting in the cafe. The cafe closed about 20 minutes ago, but they don't seem to be in a hurry.

Eijiro turns to Shiki: "Hey, Shiki. I would like to know why you wear that mask and glove."

The atmosphere around the table became tense. Izuku looked at Shiki, who looked down, and took a deep breath.

He looks at Eijiro: "I was in a car crash with my parents when I was 12. I only broke my right arm, and gained scars on that hand and my face and neck", he pauses for a while, before continuing: "My parents... didn't survived the crash. After the crash I move in with my aunt, and met Izu in middle school, and he help me through that tough time."

Eijiro apologizes at least 20 times, for bringing it up, while Shiki says that it's fine. The other three look at them in silence. After Shiki gets Eijiro to stop apologizing, Denki asks a question, that has been bugging him for weeks.

"I've been thinking. Why did you throw that Todoroki guy out, when we first came?"

"Um", Izuku looks at Shiki, who only nods at him. This peaks the others interest, and they lean closer.

Izuku places his hands on his knees, and begins to shake a bit: "Well, me a-and Todoroki d-dated for 5 months. But t-the I saw him c-cheating on m-me w-with another g-guy."

Izuku begins to cry, and Shiki pulls him into a hug. Katsuki looks at Izuku with shock and anger. He knew Todoroki was an asshole, but this was a new low, even for him.

Shiki continues the story: "That day Todoroki came to the cafe like nothing had happened. He and Izu started fighting, Izu stopped and ran to the backroom. Then you walked in and saw what happened next."

All three of them nod. After that no one talked for about 7 minutes, before Katsuki wants to ask Izuku something: "If I may asks, where did you see him cheating?"

Izuku lifts him head from Shiki's shoulder, looking Katsuki straight into his crimson eyes: "A-at a party. A-about 3 w-weeks ago. I also p-punched him in h-his face."

Denki and Eijiro look at each other, while Katsuki smirks a little. Eijiro jumps up from his chair and screams: "That's so manly!"

They all start to laugh. They laugh until Shiki looks at the clock, and out the window. It's getting dark and snow starts to fall.

"I think we should head home. Izu and me need to talk about the business. We can talk again tomorrow."

"Alright. Come on idiots, before it gets too dark."

They head outside, and after locking the door they wave goodbye.

(Time skip to Shiki's & Izuku's apartment)