Chapter Two

As I got into bed that night, my mind raced with thoughts about HH.
Why did I fall for this mascot? Why did he fall for me so quickly?
Am I that foolish?
He was just so charming. So cute.

"I just wanna boop his cute little face."

I didn't know what to make of it.

"Could we make this a reality?"

I thought about our interaction earlier that day. Did I touch him inappropriately? Is that why he fell for me so quickly? Or maybe he doesn't get any interaction like that...

I wondered if HH was thinking of me now. I wondered what his life is like. Does he have family figures? Is he allowed to leave the store? If so, where would he even go?
He said that it would be hard to call me.

I sat there that night, thinking of what to do. If they apparently let him wander the store, other people must have seen him at one point. Maybe he receives fan mail?
So I began to write a letter to HH.
Just to get it all out of my head. I had no clue I could ever get it to him, or he would ever be allowed to receive it.

"Maybe writing is letter is a bad thing," I thought that night. "Maybe someone else will see it, and maybe he'll be scolded or get into trouble."

And then I had a shocking realisation.

"I don't want anyone to find out about this."
I don't have really close family, but I will see family around Thanksgiving. I imagined me bringing home HH for the holidays. "Ha. As if."

That night, I wrote my first love letter.

"Dear HH,
I hope this letter clears up everything. I remember you said, "you wouldn't fall for someone like me," and that broke my heart.

Do you think I wouldn't love you?

I don't wanna ask any personal questions, but I'm curious if you have any family. Maybe not actual family, just people who you look up to, like mother and father figures. Are you allowed to go outside? Have you courted anyone like this before? I'm sorry if I did anything I wasn't supposed to do today. I've never seen anyone quite like you.

I hope that we can stay together,

My dearest, HH.

-Y/N."