Chapter Three

When I woke up the next morning, I had totally forgotten my interaction with HH. It wasn't until I had read the letter, spilled coffee on myself and read it again in pure shock before I realised,

"Oh yeah, I just fell in love with a fucking mascot."

I didn't know what to do with myself, because I couldn't just waltz right into the store again and promptly hand the letter to HH, that would just be plain weird.

I needed to either:

A) Find a way to have a relationship just by visits to HHGregg once a month,

B) Have frequent visits to HHGregg and risk getting possibly caught

or

C) kidnap HH from store and have him live with me.

I didn't like any of those options except for option A, but I still needed to run it over with HH, because I've learned many things about relationships in my life, and I knew that being honest and talking things over would get us far.

I suddenly remembered that HH promised he'd call me. I quickly grabbed my phone and turned the ringer up—I did not want to miss this call.

——

Over the course of the day, I kept waiting for that call.

Occasionally, my mind would think about HH. I quickly shook him out of my head, because I knew that obsessing over him would do me no good.

So, I had lots of time to do my chores and hobbies as I waited.

Everytime I heard my ringtone go off I would jump at the chance and quickly answer. I waited all day until it arrived.

Then, I got a phone call from an unknown number around 1 pm.

"Hello?" I said into the cell-phone.

"Hi, is this that girl I met with yesterday?"

My mind ran faster than racehorses on hot sand.

"HH?" I asked, twisting a bit of my hair on my finger.

"Yeah, it's me. Listen, I don't have much time to talk, my manager is having a lunch break." He said, a bit hushed.

"I need to talk to you about how we are to meet occasionally..." I started, wanting to get the question off my chest.

I could hear his little heart breaking.

"Yeah... um... I'm not allowed to leave HHGregg, so—" he got cut off, and I could only hear silence on the other side of the phone.

"HH?" I questioned.

His voice quiter than before, I could hear his panic. "Sorry, I just don't want anyone to know I have access to a phone." He quietly sighed. "I think that if you came monthly I'd be alright."

I smiled, you could hear it in my voice. "What about sending you letters? Could I do that?"

He made the sound of exhaling with a mouth shape of an "O."

"Not sure, I think someone will notice after a few days. I'm able to save small pieces of paper in my rolled-up body," he replied nonchalantly, as if it was the most normal thing ever.

"I'll keep that in mind." I replied.

I then heard a doorknob jiggle in the background.

"Oh boy. Gotta go. Love you babe." He said very quietly, quickly into the phone before a dial-tone.

"Love you babe."