Tampering In The Lab

Shadow pov

It was now the season that the humans called fall, it was beautiful and the colors were spectacular! I was wondering a bit trying to find my tray. The rain was nice and calm so I was glad I could hear it with my enhanced scenes.

 As I was looking I came across a room that would not open, I hated locked doors. With my special trait, I slipped into the room and was instantly mesmerized. There was metal and wires and mortal tech all over the place! Unlike my Master, I was well versed and very interested in mortal technology.

Without thinking I jumped around the room and tinkered with all the stuff I could. All I wanted to do was explore everything but I was stopped in my tracks as I saw something. On a table, there was an unfinished mechanism with blueprints everywhere. 

I read the notes and was able to decipher that the person could not figure out how to make it balanced without overworking the small motor. My advanced mind was instantly in overdrive and I started messing with the strange object.

I lost time as I worked, I was only pulled from it by a loud shout. I spun in fear as I saw Mister Tony standing there with the red hand that caused me so much fear on that night. I screamed at the sight and I was in tears as I dropped to the floor curled up in fear.

"What the fuck are you doing in here, how did you even get in here!?"

I was shaking, Master wasn't here, Bruce was gone if he hurt me I was dead.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

I could only repeat the line, I was so scared. I heard metal shifting and moving and then soft slow footsteps.

"Hey, your ok, I'm not gonna hurt you, sorry I threatened you. I just want to know what you are doing here."

That voice, it was the voice Master used when I panic. Slowly, I uncurled a tiny bit and looked at him. He was on the ground looking at me with soft eyes, the red hand was gone and I could see he was uncertain, he was not used to this. My voice was hoarse from my crying but I knew he needed an explanation.

"I was looking for my tray and found this room. I am fascinated by human technology so I looked around. When I found the unfinished thing and its problems I went to work trying to fix it. And I did."

I was studdering the whole time and spook the last part quietly, this earned a strange look from Mister Tony. He got up which made me flinch and went over to look at the machine. He stared at it, and pressed a few buttons as it began to move. He tested it for a bit and it was fine, when he stopped it, the look of shock and amusement made me relax just a bit.

"Well you have some talent missy, here, why don't we experiment some more."

He went and got a large metal suit I saw earlier. My fear was gone and excitement was left. I leaped from the floor and ran to the table grabbing a screwdriver and bouncing from foot to foot.

"Just tell me what to Mister Tony!"