Chapter 22

Hey guys! Thank you so much for your support. The next chapter will continue with the actual anime. If I made any spelling errors I'm very sorry but I hope you'll forgive me after you read this chapter ;). ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. I love you! :))

_________________________________________

The walk back to the leaf was quiet for once. I was surprised that Naruto wasn't trying to impress Sakura or wasn't running around screaming. Sakura looked upset, probably because she was rejected by Sasuke earlier. I sighed, my team mates are, as Shikamaru would say, troublesome.

"Emiri," Kakashi's voice interrupted my thinking.

"Yes?"

"I need to speak to you once we reach the leaf, if that is okay with you," he requested as he scanned the map in his hands.

"Sure? Is something wrong?" I questioned out of curiosity.

"We will discuss is within Konoha."

"Top of the monument?"

"That would work, yes," he replied as we reached the gates of Konoha. "I will meet you there as soon as I return the paperwork from our mission," he walked through the gates and headed towards the Hokage's office while Sasuke headed to the training fields, Naruto to get food, and Sakura home.

I began my trek to the monument and decided to stop by the hyugga compound to tell Neji we were back. I approached the compund gate only to have a hand clamped over my mouth and I was pulled behind a tree. I quickly bit the hand and grabbed it's arm and flung the body over my shoulder to see a very pissed off Neji.

"Where were you for the past few weeks?" He asked suspiciously and angrily.

"I told you, I was going on a mission to the mist village,"

"You never told me anything."

"I left a note in my apartment, because you break into my apartment all the time," I snapped.

His angry demeanor changed quickly to a more guilty aurora.

"Sorry," he said quietly before he went back into the hyugga compound. I continued my trek to the monument and was surprised to see Kakashi there before me for once.

"Was there a reason you were late Emiri?"

"Black cat crossed my path," I stated, using his excuse with a smile causing him to chuckle and shake his head.

"During our fight with Zabuza and Haku, you almost lost your life, all because you couldn't use your Rinnegan with Sasuke and Naruto around," he stated, "you need to tell them, they're a part of your team, they'll be a part of your team for a long time, and do not risk your life for another team member, especially Sasuke, if he is dead, orochimaru won't be able to use his body," he said the last part coldly.

"I will do whatever it takes to save my team, even if it means I will die. I will ESPECIALLY protect Sasuke. I made a promise. And I keep my promises." I left at that and went back to my apartment to get some rest.

I unlocked the door to my apartment and it squeaked in return. I flicked the lights on and put ramen into the stove for dinner, I quickly showered and changed before I ate and went to bed. I walked into my bedroom and noticed there was something on my bed. I flicked the light on with my hands ready to do a jutsu if needed. All that laid on my bed was a small box, a note, and a stuffed animal.

Is this some kind of joke? I looked around for cameras or anyone hiding preparing to jump out at me but I saw nothing. I picked up the small stuffed cat and placed it on my nightstand before I opened the small box to be surprised with a rain headband, into bracelet form. I untied it and retied it onto my left wrist before I finally picked up the note beside it.

"I am sorry I come into your apartment without your permission. I hope this makes up for it a little.

~Neji"

I was stunned. Why would he do this? He, he didn't have to, right? I'll give them back to him next time I see him. I can't let him give me these items. I appreciate the gesture. But I can't accept it. I can't get attached. I left my apartment with the stuffed kitten and bracelet in hand as I headed towards the hyugga compound to give them back to Neji. Hinata was outside the compund so I stopped to talk to her.

"Hello Hinata, do you know where Neji is?" I questioned.

"H-he should be at t-the training grounds Emiri," she stuttered.

"Thank you Hinata," I smiled and started my way to the training grounds to look for Neji. I walked into the training ground area and saw Neji throwing kunai and shuriakin at targets. I walked up behind Neji and waiting patiently for him to turn around and talk, which didn't take a while.

"Why are you here?" He questioned as he sat on the log beside me.

"I can't accept these gifts from you," I stated as I slipped the bracelet off my wrist and started to hand it to him before he forced it back on. I looked up confused as he retied it to my wrist.

"I want you to keep it, I feel bad for breaking into your apartment all the time, so let me make it up to you," he stated as he stood up and offered me his hands to help me get up.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"I mean, tonight I'm buying you food, and then we are going to go do something foolish for fun" he stated as he walked away.

Wait.

Is this, a date?