Seconds Away

I'm back. I know no one's probably reading this book but Imma write it anyways. So here's another update. It's gonna be loooong and very eventful 😉.

p.s: keep in mind that I really hate the name Nathaniel.

NOTE BEFORE READING
THIS TEASER MAY BE DISTURBING AS WELL AS TRIGGERING TO SOME READERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

*********£*********
"Rosalie, could you please go and take the orders from the people at table six?" Asuna asked, trying to balance 5 plates.

I nodded.

I took up my notepad and pen and made my way to table six. Seated at the table were four teenagers, two boys, two girls.

"Welcome to Lucky's. What'd you like to order?"

They told me their orders and I wrote them down.

"Okay, I'll be right back with you're orders," I informed them. One of the girls rolled her eyes.

"K, whatever, just leave," She said. Her voice was so high pitched, very annoying I might add.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. I turned around and walked away. While walking back to the kitchen, a little boy ran by and accidentally hit me in the side. I winced at the pain I felt.

My boyfriend, Nathaniel, hit me again. I deserved it though, I should have cooked better.

"I'm so sorry, Miss," he apologized. I smiled and ruffled his hair.

"It's okay, but no more running," I told him and he nodded and grinned. He then walked over to who I assume was his mother.

I went to the kitchen, did the orders and returned to the table.

"What took you so long?" The same girl asked as she shot me a glare.

"I got into a little accident, my apologies," I said calmly.

She then turned to one of the boys.

"Why'd you bring us to this run down place?" She snarled and he shrugged.

"The food here is awesome," He commented.

"Well, I hope you enjoy your meal. Another waitress will give you your bill," I said before turning away and heading to the kitchen.

"Hey Asuna," I called out as I entered the kitchen.

"Yeah Rosalie?"

"I'm going on break," I said taking off my apron.

"About time, make sure you actually eat something this time," She said sternly and I rolled my eyes.

We do this everytime...

"Yeah, whatever," I waved her off and headed to the staff bathroom.

I stepped inside and locked the door behind me.

I walked over to the mirror and lifted up my shirt.

I sighed at the big, black and blue bruise that was on my side. It hurts like hell.

I felt my eyes water as I gently touched it, but I quickly blinked away the tears. I can't cry at work.

ʕ•ﻌ•ʔʕ•ﻌ•ʔʕ•ﻌ•ʔʕ•ﻌ•ʔʕ•ﻌ•ʔʕ•ﻌ•ʔ
I finished clearing the last table and let out a sigh. I looked at my watch and the time was 10:38 pm.

Shit!

Nathaniel is going to kill me. I'm late. I knew I shouldn't have taken an extra shift.