What Is Love - My New Story

It has been such a long while since I've posted anything in this book. I am terribly sorry, but don't worry, I'm still writing stories to put in here.

Today I'm posting an excerpt from my soon to be posted book, What Is Love, and I hope you all enjoy it.

I sat on floor in shock as I stared up at Ian. He really had hit me. My cheek was stinging as i held my palm to it.

Ian's eyes were filled with rage. "You keep on flirting with him even though you know I hate his guts! I talked to you about the flirting, yet you still do it!" He was speaking about Charles, my best friend.

"And I told you that I don't flirt with with him! We were just talking, like best friends fucking do!"

We were just coming from a get together with some friends and a bunch of people from high school and college. Ian spent most of the evening speaking to some of his old classmates and exes. I trusted him to stay loyal to me, so when I saw him go to secluded areas with his exes, I let it go. I didn't want to be seen as clingy and overbearing. Why can't he just me as I trust him? Since Ian was occupied for the entire evening, I talked to Charles for the whole time.

Now Ian and I got home and he completely blew up on me.

"Don't fucking swear at me, you slut! I bet you went and shagged him in the bathroom!"

My eyes widened at what just came out of his mouth. I felt rage bubble inside of me and I flew to my feet and pointed my manicured finger at his broad chest.

"I.Did.No.Such.Thing! How could you say that, Ian? How could that thought even cross your mind? Where is your trust in me, your wife? You spent the entire evening surrounded by your exes and I was so embarrassed, but I didn't say a thing because I trust you and I didn't want to come off as clingy! Charles is gay and he's in a two year relationship! I'm married to you! How dare you call me a slut and accuse me of cheating?" I spat as I jabbed at his chest with my finger. I was holding myself back from punching him in the face, because if I did it wouldn't end well.

He stared at me with a blank look, doing and saying absolutely nothing.

Tears were running down my face rapidly and I harshly wiped my eyes before roughly pushing past him and running upstairs to the bathroom.

'What has gotten into him?' I thought as I locked the bathroom door and sunk to the floor. 'Thank God Arabella isn't here."

I held my head in my hands as silent tears ran down my cheeks.

* * *

After taking a warm bath and dressing the bruise on my cheek, I headed to the master bedroom in my night gown.

I stepped into the room and saw Ian reading —shirtless, I might add— as always.

I turned around to head to the guest room, I was not going to sleep with him tonight.

"Where are you going?"

"To guest room," I answered.

"Why?"

"You really expect me to sleep here after what happened tonight?" I glared at him.

"Tamara, it was a silly little argument that all couples have. You're making a big deal out of nothing. Stop being a bitch and come to bed," He said sternly and I rolled my eyes.

I turned around and walked out of the room and made sure to slam the door behind me. Who the hell does he think he is?

I almost reached the guest room when I heard pounding footsteps behind me, then I felt a hard tug on my hair making me come to a stop.

"What the fuck? Let go of my hair, Ian!" I exclaimed as he harshly pulled me to his body.

"Shut the hell up, Tamara!" His voice boomed through the house and I shivered as fear washed over me.

He harshly tugged me back to the bedroom, by my hair, then he threw me in and locked the door behind him when he stepped in.

He looked really angry and for the first time ever, I was deeply terrified of him.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I shouted despite the fear bubbling in my chest.

Before I knew it, his fist connected with my jaw, sending me to the floor. I felt him land a few blows on my body and a few hard, sturdy kicks in my stomach.

"I.Told.You.To.Shut.The.Fuck.Up!" He gritted out with each kick and I cried out from the pain. His expression was dark and his voice was laced with venom.

I whimpered in pain as I clutched my stomach. 

"I-Ian," I stuttered out and this seemed to anger him more.

His large hand wrapped around my neck and the lifted me off the floor. I clawed at his hand; an attempt to get him to let go.

"Should I tell you to shut up again, Tamara? You disrespectful bitch. No matter how much I fucking warned you, you still pissed me the hell of!" He exclaimed, his grip tightening around my neck. I stared into his brown eyes, that were blank unlike mine that were filled with fear. "Now you're going to be the perfect wife and come to bed. Am I understood?"

I nodded stiffly.

"Speak, bitch!" He yelled and I flinched.

"Okay, Ian," I croaked out.

He let go of my neck and I collapsed on the floor, coughing and hacking.

Ian stepped over me and climbed onto the bed then he looked at me expectantly.

I picked myself up from the and climbed into bed as slowly as I could.

I laid on my side, my back turned to Ian, and he turned off the lamp on the bedside table.. He flung his muscular arm over my waist and pulled me tightly against his body. I winced in pain then stiffened in fear.

"I love you," I heard him say.

I remained silent.

"I said, I love you," He repeated and tightened his arm around my waist.

"I love you, too," I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

"That's better,' Ian mumbled before placing a kiss on the back of my neck making me shiver in disgust. 

His breathing slowed and I assumed he fell asleep. Though he was asleep, I was afraid to close my eyes even for a millisecond.

Only one sentence was repeating over and over in my head,

"What the hell is wrong with my husband?"

Well there it is.

There was a lot of swearing and I'm cringing because I know that I don't swear😌🙈.

I hope you enjoyed it!

What are your thoughts on the banner I made?

Bye bye❤️.