Chapter One

"Naegi-kun!" Mukuro screamed, catching him in her arms as he stumbled back. His shirt instantly stained with blood. She laid him back on the floor, sitting with his head resting in her lap. She was scared Junko would hurt him again, and she was scared Makoto would die.
"What the fuck just happened? How could he risk his life for you!?" Junko asked, and stomped her foot angrily. She couldn't seem to comprehend the idea of somebody actually giving a damn enough about Mukuro to shield her. Makoto's breath was heavy, groaning in pain, and grabbing Mukuro's hand, his hands were quite soft.
"Are you... okay Ikusaba-san?" He asked softly. She shook her head, tearing up. She was in just as much surprise as Junko that Makoto had jumped in to defend her, although probably for a different reason.
"Stay calm, Naegi-kun." She told him, taking off her shirt and using it to stem the bleeding. She didn't care he could now see her bra and a few marks left behind by Junko, his life meant more to her than her own. Makoto kissed Mukuro on the cheek when she came down to nurse his wound.
"Don't worry about me Ikusaba-san, it was something I had to do." He said weakly, tears dripping down his cheeks. Mukuro shook her head, focusing all her attention on Makoto.
"I am worrying, Naegi-kun. You've been stabbed!" She told him, desperately trying to stop the bleeding. Her white shirt was now stained bright pink with Makoto's blood, which only caused her to worry more.
"I think I may hate Naegi-kun more than I do you Mukuro. He's super duper annoying, a sappy, happy little dumbass." Junko said, taking a hold of the knife, and heading towards the Ultimate Soldier while she wiped Makoto's blood off of the blade. Mukuro looked up, frowning. She shuffled back, holding Makoto in her arms still.
"You hate me, Junko?" Mukuro asked curiously, still shuffling back. Junko has said a lot of cruel things to her, but had never used the word 'hate' before. It was heartbreaking to hear her say that.
"Haven't I made it obvious? I thought that the villain monologues would be enough to get the concept in your head. I compared you to fucking trash, do you think that siblings who are close to each other would even consider saying that!?" Junko asked, dashing towards Mukuro at her top speed. The knife glimmered in the light, and in Junko's eyes, which looked blank, emotionless even.
"Junko..." Mukuro mumbled sadly, blocking Junko's attack with one arm. She got up, holding Makoto in her arms. Her whole world was crumbling around her, and she didn't know how to handle it. She began to feel overwhelmed.
"I'll say it a million more times if I have to, You are nothing but a means to an end, if you can't even follow my orders, then what meaning does your life even carry? Fenir threw you out, because you didn't follow orders then either, and now, you've failed me twice!" Junko said, sniffling softly, her fists clenching the weapon tightly. Mukuro shook her head, stepping back. Tears were dribbling down her cheeks from her bluish-grey eyes as she listened to Junko.
"I'm sorry, Junko. I'll try to do better for you." Mukuro begged for another chance. Even though Junko loved nothing more than verbally abusing her, she still wanted to be her right hand woman. She'd been conditioned to believe that was what she was meant to do with her life, and if she wasn't by Junko's side then her life had no meaning.
"Welllllll, I guess I could give you another chance, under the conditions that you allow Naegi to bleed out. We can drag him to the school's garbage pit, and leave the body for the rats, forget all about this little incident." Junko said, her facade fading away, a devilish smile on her face. The idea of watching Makoto hopelessly die sent shudders down her spine. Mukuro was rendered speechless by Junko's words. Makoto's life for a second chance? She looked down at Makoto, who was still bleeding out. She couldn't let him die.
"No. I can't let him die. Please, let me save him, and I'll let you kill me." Mukuro begged. Makoto's life meant more to her than her own life. "Just imagine the despair that would cause, watching your twin sister die by your own hand." She reasoned, desperate for Junko to agree even if that meant she paid the ultimate price. Junko's knife drops down to her side.
"You'll really lay your life on the line for Naegi-kun, to protect him, protect what he stands for? How... Incredibly boring, more lame, predictable crap. I have a different idea in mind." Junko said, a light bulb going off in her head. "Go ahead and stitch him up, and I'll tell HIM the conditions." Mukuro nodded, smiling slightly.
"Thank you, Junko." She held Makoto tighter, taking the key for the infirmary from the desk and running off with Makoto in her arms. She knew she had to hurry, before it was too late.