Chapter Two

Makoto woke up dazed and confused, the last thing he had remember was entering the front lobby of Hope's Peak Academy. The windows were totally barred with heavy metal plates, set by the students before their memories were erased. The time on the clock read 7:55, and a note was placed on the desk beside Makoto. Makoto was completely secluded in the classroom. Had he simply passed out in the lobby, been brought here by another student? No, if that was the case, they would have carried him to the infirmary. He eventually noticed the note, than picked it up.
"You need to be at the Gymnasium at eight o'clock sharp, we have an opening ceremony to get through, so hurry up!" He read out loud. The silence in the room was broken by a pained groan from just outside. The door was cracked open, but from where Makoto had been placed he couldn't see who was making that sound. Makoto turned his head to the door, a little uneasy at the sound of the groan. Without a second thought, the Ultimate Lucky Student walked over to the door, and opened it wide, peeking his head around the corner curiously.

Laying on the floor outside was Mukuro. She had bandages wrapped around her head, like she'd sustained a serious head injury. She probably had some injury inflicted by Junko under them. She looked really confused and a little lost. Makoto had been part of a chat room, filled with information about the Ultimate's, yet hadn't heard a single thing about this girl. Still, a wave a sympathy coming over him instantly, as he sprint over to her, and kneeled down.
"Are you okay? You look pretty beat up, let me help you up." He said, helping Mukuro to her feet, his heart throbbing when their hands connected. He didn't know this girl, to the best of his knowledge, he hadn't seen her before in his entire life, but still felt a slight connection to her. Mukuro hissed slightly in pain as she put pressure on the ankle she sprained when Junko tripped her. Her head and heart throbbed, her head from dizziness, but she couldn't explain why her heart was beating so fast.
"Thank you... Umm..." she faded out, realising she didn't know his name or who he was. She didn't even know where she was.
"Makoto Naegi, nice to meet you." Makoto said, extending his hand out to shake with her. He could tell how confused she was, and wanted to soothe her, let her know that everything was alright now, that nobody would hurt her now.
"My name is... Mukuro Ikusaba...?" She reached out and shook his hand, her voice full of doubt. It was like she wasn't even sure if that was her name. Junko had basically stripped her of all her memories to give her as much despair as possible. Mukuro was, of course, none the wiser. She couldn't even remember her own twin, which would've been the worst thing in the world to her. Of course now without memories she was a blank slate ready to be written on.
"You don't seem too sure of yourself, I think I've heard your name before though. You were in a special Military group, but, it's name is kind of escaping me right now." Makoto admitted, noticing that Mukuro's ankle was sprained. "I can help you get the the main hall, if you want me to." Mukuro nodded, leaning on Makoto for support. She looked down slightly, noticing the Fenrir tattoo on the back of her right hand. She couldn't remember getting that tattoo or what it meant.
"Thank you, Naegi-kun...?" She sounded unsure, like she was either struggling to remember or was anxious that was the wrong name. "Um... does the word 'Fenrir' mean anything to you?" Makoto paused, repeating the name constantly to himself, he strived to remember the meaning behind that name.
"Maybe... Fenir is the Military group you were in, I'm not too sure. It's like my mind wants to explode, everytime that name comes up... I couldn't even explain it." Mukuro nodded slowly. His answer seemed to make sense to her. Maybe that explained the wolf in the tattoo.
"Okay..." she spoke softly, her hand going to her forehead. It was starting to hurt, and she was starting to feel dizzy. Makoto caught Mukuro before she could fall.
"I got you, we need to head to the gym, or we'll be late for the Opening Ceremony." Mukuro held on to him, looking around. She had no idea where the gym was.
"Okay. Lead the way." She told him, being somewhat quiet to not further irritate her headache. She would have to use him for support, at least for right now.