Chapter 3

*Time skip 4 hours*

As I wake up I look around and at first I am confused, but then I remember everything that happened. I can't help but smile remembering that I have a dad that wants me. I get up, still with a struggle, and walk out of the room to find dad on the couch reading a book. I guess he heard me walk in because he looks up and smiles at me, patting the spot next to him. After I sit down next to him he brings me into a hug, which I still have to get used to the fact that Severus Snape, the one who used to hate me, the one who didn't want anything to do with me not too long ago, is being so loving towards me. "How did you sleep son?" I look up at him and whisper "Good. I think this is the best sleep I've gotten in a long time," I smile a little bit "I feel safe knowing that you're here to protect me. I didn't have any nightmares for the first time in years. Thank you." 

"Oh Harry, you don't have to thank me. Harry, I'm your father, of course I'm going to protect you. I love you so much. And I'm glad you slept well. You can sleep here as long as you want if you don't want to go back to your dorms." I smile really big and he smiles back "really?" he nods "Thank you so much! I would love to. I really don't want to go back to the Gryffindor dorms or common room. At least not right now." He looks at me confused. "Why not? Don't you have other friends beside the Weasleys and Granger?" I look down "Uhm yeah I have Neville I think and Luna and the twins. But I'm not certain yet. And my bed is next to Rons and I don't want to be anywhere near him. Or any of them until I know who I can for sure trust. I trusted them all too quickly and now I lost at least six people who I thought loved me. I won't make that mistake again. For now you're the only one I trust." Dad smiles at me.

"What about your mate?" I look down "I don't know if he will want me. I mean why would he with how my life is. He deserves someone better who doesn't have all the baggage I do." I didn't know I was crying until dad wipes under my eyes and tilts my head up so I'm looking at him. "Don't cry son. Draco should feel honored to be the mate of you. You're so much like your mother, beautiful, sweet, smart, brave, strong and compassionate. If Draco doesn't see that then he doesn't deserve you and I will cast the cruciatus curse on him until he realizes how much of an idiot he is." I smile "I love you dad, but please don't hurt him, he's my mate and even if he doesn't want me I never want to see him hurt or unhappy. He sighs "fine, but can I at least turn him into a ferret for a bit?" I laugh "Sure if that would make you feel better then yes. as long as you don't hurt him." He smiles at me "whatever you wish Harry." Then his expression turns serious and I know the long talk is about to begin. "Now Harry I would like for you to tell me everything about your life with The Dursleys please. I want to know everything they did to you. And then once we are done with that then I have a question to ask you. But, first I want you to take off any glamours you have placed on yourself."

I sigh and stand up looking down as I take off the glamours and watch as I go back to being sickly thin and pale with all my bruises, cuts and scars. I can feel dad looking at me and I regret taking him off. He's gonna change his mind about wanting me. "Harry." I look up and am surprised that there isn't any disgust or regret in his eyes. There's anger, but I somehow know that it isn't towards me. "Do you have any broken bones? Or any past broken bones that have not been healed correctly?" I nod "ok come here and sit down please and I will get some potions so I can heal you." I hesitate "what's wrong son?" I look up at him now that he is standing in front of me "ummm would you happen to have any potions that don't taste horrid?" He laughs a little and smiles I'll see what I can do. You're lucky I am a master at potions." I smile "Thanks dad." "No problem, now sit down and I'll be right back."

A few minutes later he comes back with about ten potions and sits down next to me handing me one at a time. I look at the first one in my hand and look at him hopefully. He smiles at me and nods once. I tip my head back and drink it all and am pleasantly surprised that it tastes like a treacle tart. I smile big at him and he returns it handing me the next one and making the empty bottle disappear. Once I'm done I feel my bones moving, unpainfully, and when I look down I see all my bruises and cuts disappear, with the exception of my deeper cuts which turn into light, barely noticeable scars. Once everything is done I turn to my dad giving him a big bear hug which he immediately returns "thank you so much." We pull away "no problem son. Now for your weight, it will be a slower process. You will take a potion before every meal for about a month. It will help give you the nutrients that your body has been missing. And we will slowly build up your appetite since I know it wont be very big right now. It will take time but I will be here to help you through every step." I look at him with tears in my eyes " thank you so much for everything. I love you so much dad." "I love you too son. Now lets get started on The Dursleys yeah?" I nod.

"From the beginning?" I ask and he nods

"Ok um so the night they found me on their porch they have hated me. The first thing they did was put me in the cupboard under the stairs and left me there for a few days. They would only feed me once a week. That was how it was until I was three. When I turned three Vernon decided that I was old enough to start cleaning, so I would clean the whole house and wash all the dishes and laundry. And if I messed up then I would go an extra week without food or water. Then when I turned five I had to start cooking them all their meals. And I wasn't allowed to eat until they were all done, and when they were done I was allowed to have what was left which wasn't much if there was anything. Sometimes when their were scraps then Dudley would go feed it to the neighbors dog. If I burnt the food or the food didn't satisfy any of them then Vernon would hold my arm over the fire on the stove until either it smelled like burning flesh or until he thought I had enough. And as I got older the punishments got worse and more frequent. They were even worse when I started having accidental magic moments. If something happened Vernon would um have Dudley hold me down and carve words in my skin in random parts of my body. Mostly my stomach so that if they ever took me out in public for whatever reason then he wouldn't have to worry about anybody seeing the marks. Most of the abuse happened in spots that were easy to hide. And then around the time of my eleventh birthday came and I got the letter for Hogwarts. Dudley saw it and I tried to hide it but he took it and ran to Vernon and gave it to him. Vernon looked who it was from and got so mad that he locked me in the cupboard for a week. And during that week the letters kept coming and wouldn't stop so Vernon would beat me everyday. Then on my birthday Hagrid came and told me I was a wizard. So the first summer I came back from school things were fine. I got to sleep in Dudley's second room and I didn't get any beatings for about a week until we got a letter saying I wasn't aloud to use any magic or I would be expelled. After Vernon saw that he grabbed me by my neck and dragged me down the stairs and threw me in the cupboard and locked me in there for two weeks without food or water. Things were basically the same the next few summers. And then there was this last summer. After I walked home from the train station I had to make dinner and all of a sudden Vernon starts beating me and cutting me to show "how much they missed me. I passed out and the food got burnt and Vernon got really mad. More mad then he has ever been, even when I get in trouble when Dudley He beat me so bad I didn't wake up for three days. When I woke up I realized I had multiple broken ribs, a broken ankle, a broken nose, a black eye, a busted lip, and a broken nose, along with multiple words carved into my arm and stomach and back. I wasn't aloud to eat for the entire summer and I was beat/cut everyday. I wasn't aloud out unless it was for cleaning or cooking. And I could only use the bathroom on Saturday nights. If I had an accident then Vernon would beat me until I passed out and then he would carve a new word into my body when I woke up." By the end I was a sobbing mess and my dad was holding me so tightly trying to help me breathe.

"It's ok Harry they wont ever hurt you again. I wont let anyone hurt you. you're so strong. I'm so proud of you. I love you so much. You're safe now. Thank you so much for telling me. You did so good. Shhh breathe. You're safe now." He kept whispering loving words into my ear as I tried to calm down. 

After an hour of dad holding while I cried, I finally stopped crying and I was breathing normally. And then I yawned "why don't you go lay down and rest son, I know you must be exhausted." I nod and look at him "can you lay down with me and hold me until I fall asleep please?" And he nods "of course whatever you need." I smile and he helps me up and takes me to my room and helps me into the bed and holds me until I finally fall asleep.

A/N ok I know you're all wondering where the drarry is and I promise Draco will be in the next chapter. I just had to get all this stuff done. And as you can see I still don't know how to end chapters so they are still ending with Harry going to sleep. :) Bare with me for a little longer please :)